Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals - send to me or to Oz?

Medicals - send to me or to Oz?

Old Apr 1st 2003, 8:33 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Medicals - send to me or to Oz?

Hi all,

Just read the horror story about the GP losing medicals. Good grief!!!!
I read somewhere that you have the option of having your GP send them straight to the immigration office, or have them sent to you and then send them yourself. However, you have to make sure that the envelopes etc arent' tampered with.
I like the idea of the fact that if it goes direct from the GP that there can be no accusations of the envelope being tampered with. But - I like even more the idea that if I send it, It can go recorded delivery (courier, etc) and I know when its delivered.

Any advice either way?

Ta! (and my sympathy with jajpe who had theirs lost!)

W.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals - send to me or to Oz?

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hi all,

I read somewhere that you have the option of having your GP send them straight to the immigration office, or have them sent to you and then send them yourself. However, you have to make sure that the envelopes etc arent' tampered with.
I like the idea of the fact that if it goes direct from the GP that there can be no accusations of the envelope being tampered with. But - I like even more the idea that if I send it, It can go recorded delivery (courier, etc) and I know when its delivered.

Any advice either way?

W.
Hi W

From the processing point of view it doesn't really matter who sends the forms, as long as the seal is unbroken. However it's always better, for peace of mind, to send these things off yourself, then you will know it has actually be done, and can use whichever recorded delivery method you see fit.

A word of caution though, we have recently used the Royal Mails INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR service which claims to allow on line track and trace.......ha! Having posted our medicals off using this method we found that three week later the on line system still advised that the parcel was in the system awaiting delivery abroad!. When we rang the Royal Mail they said that they could not verify that it had left the UK and that it was lost.:scared: We have since phoned ASPC and were relieved to hear that they had received the medicals ok....PHEW!

Hope this helps

Sindy
Old Apr 1st 2003, 9:44 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals - send to me or to Oz?

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hi all,

Any advice either way?

W.

The doctor (recommended on list) who did our medicals wrote them wilst we were there and gave them to us straight away.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

I collected our medicals from the panel doctor myself.

We sent our medicals and Xrays by DHL - BRILLIANT service! I telephoned them at 11.00 am and they collected our medicals at 12.30 p.m. (1 hour and 30 mins). Easy tracking of item online which arrive in Adelaide 3 days later.

Good luck!