Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals question?

Medicals question?

Old May 19th 2007, 8:01 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals question?

We went for our x rays Thursday and realised just how much I hate my body when I had to strip down to my waist

So anyway now i'm panicking about the medicals so can anyone tell me what they do to you?
Will I have to strip off again ??

Oh and what willl they do with the kids??? Cause i'm wondering if I need to buy a straight jacket for my littlen to pin him down so they can check him over.

Jen
Old May 19th 2007, 8:14 am
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals question?

Originally Posted by JenJen
We went for our x rays Thursday and realised just how much I hate my body when I had to strip down to my waist

So anyway now i'm panicking about the medicals so can anyone tell me what they do to you?
Will I have to strip off again ??

Oh and what willl they do with the kids??? Cause i'm wondering if I need to buy a straight jacket for my littlen to pin him down so they can check him over.

Jen
Hi I think it all depends on the doctor doing the medicals.
When we was coming up to having ours, there were some posters on here that said they were examined, and some posters that said they weren't.
We had ours done in Gloucester, and had to strip to be examined.
I am 7 stone overweight, and was so stressed by having to strip to my underwear that my blood pressure went through the roof. Needless to say I had to make another appointment to have my blood pressure rechecked so the doctor could have a decent reading!!

Maybe someone from your area can advise on whether your local madical centres need to examine you or not.

We have 2 children aged 4 & 5. They too were examined. Myself and our daughter saw one doctor, and hubby and our son saw another.

Hope I've not stressed you too much.

Chez
Old May 19th 2007, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chez.my
Hi I think it all depends on the doctor doing the medicals.
When we was coming up to having ours, there were some posters on here that said they were examined, and some posters that said they weren't.
We had ours done in Gloucester, and had to strip to be examined.
I am 7 stone overweight, and was so stressed by having to strip to my underwear that my blood pressure went through the roof. Needless to say I had to make another appointment to have my blood pressure rechecked so the doctor could have a decent reading!!

Maybe someone from your area can advise on whether your local madical centres need to examine you or not.

We have 2 children aged 4 & 5. They too were examined. Myself and our daughter saw one doctor, and hubby and our son saw another.

Hope I've not stressed you too much.

Chez
You get to keep your undies on ????
please say yes?

I'm gonna go and get undies that cover all the bits i hate then lollll
Or should I just go in the equivalent of a large sock.

Bit worried cause I have a 'weird' mole on my ankle that sort of looks like a mole but not, don't know what they'll make of that.

They'll probably have to re-do my blood pressure too cause i'm already stressed about it.

There's not one bit of my body that I like post baby, i'm normally under teh covers to spare my husband from the sight of me either naked or half naked.

Thanks Chez

Jen
Old May 19th 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenJen
You get to keep your undies on ????
please say yes?

I'm gonna go and get undies that cover all the bits i hate then lollll
Or should I just go in the equivalent of a large sock.

Bit worried cause I have a 'weird' mole on my ankle that sort of looks like a mole but not, don't know what they'll make of that.

They'll probably have to re-do my blood pressure too cause i'm already stressed about it.

There's not one bit of my body that I like post baby, i'm normally under teh covers to spare my husband from the sight of me either naked or half naked.

Thanks Chez

Jen
Yes, you strip down to your undies, sorry.

My blood pressure was all over the place, but too high for him to get decent reading. He then asked me to strip off and lie on the couch, and said that he will retake while I'm lying down being examined, as I will be more relaxed then. What planet is he on?!?! It shot right up to 150/116. Don't look too relaxed to me!

I was hoping our doctor wouldn't examine us, so was not prepared for it one bit!

At least he was pleased with my blood pressure when I went back-I thought it was high, but he said it was ok.

All the best anyway
Old May 19th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt have to strip off at all ! Just eyes, hearing tested , blood pressure checked a few questions & some blood taken. Easy peasy. All depends on what doctor you get. We had a woman doctor who was very nice.

Nicky
Old May 19th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

i had to strip to the undies also, and to make it more uncomfy a breast exam was carried out
it was all actually very non-intrusive (apart from that), the doc sounds your chest, listens to the heart, moves your legs about, blood test, blood pressure, eye test, checks ears, height, weight, asks a lot of questions. my 16 yr old daughter and i were done together and it took no longer than half an hour, oh i forgot, we also had to pee in a cup, so urine is tested as well.

i was very panicked before i went, but to be honest, it was all very painless.

try not to worry
Old May 19th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by struth
i had to strip to the undies also, and to make it more uncomfy a breast exam was carried out
it was all actually very non-intrusive (apart from that), the doc sounds your chest, listens to the heart, moves your legs about, blood test, blood pressure, eye test, checks ears, height, weight, asks a lot of questions. my 16 yr old daughter and i were done together and it took no longer than half an hour, oh i forgot, we also had to pee in a cup, so urine is tested as well.

i was very panicked before i went, but to be honest, it was all very painless.

try not to worry
errrrm

not worrying - much

that measn hubby will have to take all the kids in with him and i'll have to go in on me todd
Old May 19th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

When I booked our medicals I asked exactly what was involved so that I could prepare the kids - as it happened at ours no clothes were removed and the Dr was very good with the children.

Perhaps you could ring the place you're going to so you know in advance whether you need to strip off or not as there does seem to be a lot of variation depending where you have your medicals done.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

just had our medicals done yesterday.....we had been panicing like you for months the worse bit of the visa process we had thought.....in fact the only bad bit was the bill!!!!!!! £550 for a family of 5!! Good money if you can get it - the medical was the easy bit feel your tummy test your eyesight, look in ears and mouth - completely unintrusive and nothing to worry about!!!

Wasnt my best day out but not even a fraction of how bad i thought it would be! They may ask you about that birthmark that looks like a mole just to see whether it has stayed the same size and not grown in size at all.

Good luck ......we came back and had a well earned drink!
Old May 19th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

We had ours done at Northampton. No stripping involved there. We also have a 3 year old. I went in first then I called for little one, then we left so OH could have his done. No probs. Except the bill ofcourse:curse:
Old May 19th 2007, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done at birmingham and didnt need to strip.I think it depends where you go.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Hi we had ours done at birmingham and we didnt have to stripx
Old May 19th 2007, 3:24 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Had mine done at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead by a woman doctor. Had to strip to my underwear, lie on a couch, have my breasts groped and other tests. All thoroughly unpleasant.

Husband also at the same clinic but with a male doctor just had a little chat as to why we were moving to Oz and where to.

We both had a nurse do the weight, height, urine, and blood tests.

Moral of the story: What happens at the medical depends entirely on the doctor.

Gina
Old May 19th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Hi Gina

I am planning to go to the same clinic. When you say 'a breast exam and other unpleasant tests@ could you be more specific? Surely they do not have to do a gyne exam as part of the medical?
Old May 19th 2007, 3:51 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Medicals question?

We went to birmingham (hell of a lot cheaper than gloucester)
£900 for all 6 of us - and that was the only painful bit!
nurse did pee tests, height/weight, eye tests, b/p and bloods. looked at lil mans red book (took a photocopy).
radioligist did xrays - very relaxed - they had to re do sons as they got out a film for a youth size not realising he would be 5'11"
oldest son and oh stripped to waist - dr checked heart/pulse/ears/mouth then got us to touch toes (over 25's dont have to keep feet together) and do a squat, son, oh and i had to show our legs for varicose veins and that was it, had a chat about why we were going etc, dr wanted to speak to me and 14yr old alone as i had been on anti depressants 9 yrs ago and daughter had councelling all of last year.
we would definately recommend 'handsworth' the nurses,dr,radioligist etc were all wonderful.
kat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.