Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals and Prozac !!

Medicals and Prozac !!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals and Prozac !!

My meds are booked for a week tomorrow and I already have my obese weight against me but I'm also on 40mg fluoxetine a day for glandular fever - does anyone know how this will effect my medical ?

Heather
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:29 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medicals and Prozac !!

Heather ....come on Girl,you are not obese!Fine figure of a Girl you are,bloody hell,Don't be down on yourself Love!
Unless you have ate nothing but pies and chocolate since we last saw you I beg to differ with your comments!
Karma sent
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Heather ....come on Girl,you are not obese!Fine figure of a Girl you are,bloody hell,Don't be down on yourself Love!
Unless you have ate nothing but pies and chocolate since we last saw you I beg to differ with your comments!
Karma sent
Well, pick n mix and chocolates !!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:43 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

low calorie pick n mix is fine!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
My meds are booked for a week tomorrow and I already have my obese weight against me but I'm also on 40mg fluoxetine a day for glandular fever - does anyone know how this will effect my medical ?

Heather
It shouldn't - half the over thirties women in this part of the world seem to be on it.....
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:24 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

your not the only obese one on here im one and loads more

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284729

as for the other ozzidoc is right

come on mate dont give up now

jan xx
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robos

jan xx
Thanks for the encouragement all of you - the obesity doesn't worry me a such as I had every test going when I was diagnosed with glandular fever so I know that I'm healthy in every other aspect - just don't want to show up and be asked to come back when I'm off the prozac !
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:12 am
Running on the spot.

You'll be fine Love,keep smiling and try not to worry yourself.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymad
You'll be fine Love,keep smiling and try not to worry yourself.
Thanks - karma sent
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:06 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - karma sent
You'll be fine matey!

I promise!!!!!!!!!

plus i slipped the doc a few quid to ensure it was all ok!!!!

Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Heather

Heather,
Stop frettin woman!! not doing you any good & last thing you want is high blood pressure because of it.relax & think of it as just run of the mill,something that has to be done.
Not easy i know,but atleast its a complete stranger you are seeing?& the chance are you will never have to see this person again?the docs only doing his job & you are just another patient,at the end of all the pokin & pryin you can say thank **** thats all over come home & chill!!!!

Good luck n let us know how u got on?

Donna.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:51 pm
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by madsad
Heather,
Stop frettin woman!! not doing you any good & last thing you want is high blood pressure because of it.relax & think of it as just run of the mill,something that has to be done.
Not easy i know,but atleast its a complete stranger you are seeing?& the chance are you will never have to see this person again?the docs only doing his job & you are just another patient,at the end of all the pokin & pryin you can say thank **** thats all over come home & chill!!!!

Good luck n let us know how u got on?

Donna.
Well said ,here here!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:10 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Relax Heather!
The meds are soooo easy!
There is absolutely nothing to be bothered about, I can't believe how nervous I was because it was sooo simple.
And yes, i am over-weight too (and still starving myself, I add lost 1 stone now since new yr )
Sally
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos

jan xx
Hi Jan & Heather

I am quite overweight and it wasn't a problem. I had my medical on 12th January at nottingham and I have hypertension. The only reason I will fail is if there is a drastic problem with my bloods or xray.
The doctor we saw did a medical on someone who had a BMI of 46 and he said that was the only one he ever had doubts of failing the medical due to weight.

Check all the Aussie websites for recommendations of reasonable panel doctors and go see one of those. Thats what we did, well not entirely true I wanted one that wasn't going to cope a feel like the liverpool one apparently does.

Good Luck

Alison

Last edited by Alison1967; Jan 18th 2006 at 5:21 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:41 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alison1967
Hi Jan & Heather

I am quite overweight and it wasn't a problem. I had my medical on 12th January at nottingham and I have hypertension. The only reason I will fail is if there is a drastic problem with my bloods or xray.
The doctor we saw did a medical on someone who had a BMI of 46 and he said that was the only one he ever had doubts of failing the medical due to weight.

Check all the Aussie websites for recommendations of reasonable panel doctors and go see one of those. Thats what we did, well not entirely true I wanted one that wasn't going to cope a feel like the liverpool one apparently does.

Good Luck

Alison

We had ours done on the 12th at Nottingham too!! Must have seen you there!! Dr J Henry did ours!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.