Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals - Please help!!!!

Medicals - Please help!!!!

Old Apr 8th 2002, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - Please help!!!!

I have already submitted my application to Adelaide, I am in the process of getting my X-rays/Medicals done and need your help with the last question.

"Has the application to which this medical examination is related, already been submitted to an Australian Government office"

If I say yes then it asks for a file number (which I don't have yet), if I say no then wont the Doctor ask why I am getting my medicals done now.

I have already booked up my x-rays and medicals!!!!

Any advise is much appreciated.
Old Apr 9th 2002, 3:51 am
Mallysutton

Default Re: Medicals - Please help!!!!

Hi glenn, yes we did the same thing, my husband went for his mediacls etc before our
file number had arrived, answer yes but just explain that you are still waiting for
your file number, and all that will happen is the Medical results will go straight to
your home address instead of the DIMA, but in no uncertain terms open it, just put it
aside until your file number comes through then send the results to the DIMA along
with the file number, but don't worry it won't hold anything up, by hanging on to
them until you receive your number. Do not send them until you do receive your number
as it can cause all sorts of problems as the DIMA has so many different areas without
a file number they won't be able to track your file and put them together for a long
while, as i know this first hand, i made that mistake and for months didn't know if
they had been put together with my file or not.

Hope this helps, goodluck karen "glenn_somers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
    > I have already submitted my application to Adelaide, I am in the process of getting
    > my X-rays/Medicals done and need your help with the last question.
    >
    > "Has the application to which this medical examination is related, already been
    > submitted to an Australian Government office"
    >
    > If I say yes then it asks for a file number (which I don't have yet), if I say no
    > then wont the Doctor ask why I am getting my medicals done now.
    >
    > I have already booked up my x-rays and medicals!!!!
    >
    > Any advise is much appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Glenn
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com