Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MEDICALS - My day today

MEDICALS - My day today

Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: MEDICALS - My day today

Originally Posted by WendyC
We're always worried about weight

You will be fine, just relax
Roll on Tuesday night! I will definately be relaxed (after a glass or two!)
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Im sure it will be fine, just tell them before you started this visa mallarky you were a size 10 and just look at what all this stress has done to you! Then obviously they will realise it is all their fault and welcome you to Aus!

Lisa.x
Fingers crossed! Is it possible to be excited, nervous, optimistic and dread something all at the same time!! I cracked it!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Fingers crossed! Is it possible to be excited, nervous, optimistic and dread something all at the same time!! I cracked it!
ABSOLUTELY - I was the same... still cant belive it is done apart from the waiting...

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Lisa.x
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

ABSOLUTELY - I was the same... still cant belive it is done apart from the waiting...

Lisa.x
Will do! - can't wait to find out so we can get on with life! i'm sure everyone feels the same everything goes on hold!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Will do! - can't wait to find out so we can get on with life! i'm sure everyone feels the same everything goes on hold!
Definitely, im really looking forward to going out tonight and not thinking about the calories in something before i eat it - just gonna go and have what i fancy! Gonna have a few drinks as well as it is my best friends birthday and hubby is driving! LOL

Lisa.x
Old Feb 18th 2006, 5:25 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

We went for our medicals today at Gatwick. Have to say first class in terms of the least amount of stress.

Arrived at 11:45 for our appointment at 12:00 receptionist apologised as the Doctor was running to time! Sure enough at 12:00 on the dot Oliver was called in. The receptionist then took me to do height, weight and urine sample. Got to the scales and she said "take off as much as you can - especially shoes" so i did. When i got on the scales, i was amazed as they are obviously a little out compared to my scales as i was half a stone lighter. Then the receptionist read the weight off in such away that made me about 3 more pounds lights (total loss by their scales 9 pounds lighter) then she showed me in to a toilet and gave me a beaker thing, she said "go mid flow and dont fill it up" Couldnt help but laugh. So i did my thing then waited for Oliver to come out of the Docs.

When i went in had a quick chat while he looked through the form, started with blood pressure while lying on the couch. Listened to chest using. All fine. He tok some blood, had trouble finding my vien but got it done fine.

Then got up and did an eye check reading a letter chart like they have in the opticians. Kept my glases on throughout. Then read a short passage from a book (small print) Looked in my ears, looked in my eyes, asked me about things i had mentioed on my form IBS and mild depression) Watched as he filled in the rest of the form and saw him tick me as an A

Told me all about his family, asked about Australia plans etc. Showed me the door.

NO BOOB GROPE
NO STRIPPING DOWN TO THE BRA AND PANTS
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Then walked around the back of the surgery to the Bupa hospital and got the Xrays done. Then home!

Cost £207 per adult.

Highly recommended! Loved them, they were helpful and kind.

Hope this helps someone who was is as worried as i have been the last few days. Just finished a lovely meal of steak and chips with HUGE glass of wine, no more worrying about the weight!

Lisa.x

Congratulations on passing the medicals, it will be our turn in the next couple of weeks hopefully!!

You say you went to Gatwick, was it the Gatwick Park Hospital you went to?? My mum worked their for years if she was still there would of been her doing the xrays!! They are a really good hospital. That is where we would like to go, you said the cost of an Adult how much was it for a child, do you know??

Very Very Very Very reasuring to see you say you are several stone over weight I am like wise and it has been a bit of a worry even though the diet is going well for both myself and husband it isnt shifting fast enough!! ha ha

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:26 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

NO BOOB GROPE
NO STRIPPING DOWN TO THE BRA AND PANTS
I had to do the above!!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welshie
I had to do the above!!
To be fair, if you look anything like your avatar, it's not surprising!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Welshie
I had to do the above!!
Poor you...Just glad i didnt have to!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:28 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa

Thanks for the wonderful description of your meds,
We too will b going to Gatwick (once we get the nod from our agent)
I've been stressing about them for a while, so was really relieved to read your post!

Phew, think i need a glass of wine to celebrate!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Lisa

Thanks for the wonderful description of your meds,
We too will b going to Gatwick (once we get the nod from our agent)
I've been stressing about them for a while, so was really relieved to read your post!

Phew, think i need a glass of wine to celebrate!
Glad to know its been helpful ... good luck with everything
Lisa.x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:55 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to know its been helpful ... good luck with everything
Lisa.x
Well its been a great help to me. I've gone back on the drink! I dont need to worry about weight so much now.

Oh, just thought, do they check your liver?

Cheri x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
Well its been a great help to me. I've gone back on the drink! I dont need to worry about weight so much now.

Oh, just thought, do they check your liver?

Cheri x
Wouldnt know how they would do that anyway... sorry. If they can check through the bloods then maybe. There is a question on the form about how much alcohol you consume a week - just make sure your answer is within healthy guidelines

Lisa.x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:49 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt know how they would do that anyway... sorry. If they can check through the bloods then maybe. There is a question on the form about how much alcohol you consume a week - just make sure your answer is within healthy guidelines

Lisa.x
Thanks

Cheri x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa.x
THANK GOD IT'S OVER!!! - exept the waiting!!!! The Dr was lovely (Duke Medical Centre Sheffield) had to strip to underwear but no boob grope! Just a bit of tummy prodding! He didn't mention weight at all bless him! So long as bloods come back okay (which I know they will as I donate blood) we should be fine - we're in Australia from 20th March (holiday) so we'll have to wait till we come back to find out. I think we'll know before the end of April judging by other peoples timelines. That's when the hard work will begin - selling the house!

I think we'll be having that bottle of wine that's been shouting me from the fridge tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.