Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MEDICALS - My day today

MEDICALS - My day today

Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Talking MEDICALS - My day today

Hi all,

We went for our medicals today at Gatwick. Have to say first class in terms of the least amount of stress.

Arrived at 11:45 for our appointment at 12:00 receptionist apologised as the Doctor was running to time! Sure enough at 12:00 on the dot Oliver was called in. The receptionist then took me to do height, weight and urine sample. Got to the scales and she said "take off as much as you can - especially shoes" so i did. When i got on the scales, i was amazed as they are obviously a little out compared to my scales as i was half a stone lighter. Then the receptionist read the weight off in such away that made me about 3 more pounds lights (total loss by their scales 9 pounds lighter) then she showed me in to a toilet and gave me a beaker thing, she said "go mid flow and dont fill it up" Couldnt help but laugh. So i did my thing then waited for Oliver to come out of the Docs.

When i went in had a quick chat while he looked through the form, started with blood pressure while lying on the couch. Listened to chest using. All fine. He tok some blood, had trouble finding my vien but got it done fine.

Then got up and did an eye check reading a letter chart like they have in the opticians. Kept my glases on throughout. Then read a short passage from a book (small print) Looked in my ears, looked in my eyes, asked me about things i had mentioed on my form IBS and mild depression) Watched as he filled in the rest of the form and saw him tick me as an A

Told me all about his family, asked about Australia plans etc. Showed me the door.

NO BOOB GROPE
NO STRIPPING DOWN TO THE BRA AND PANTS
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Then walked around the back of the surgery to the Bupa hospital and got the Xrays done. Then home!

Cost £207 per adult.

Highly recommended! Loved them, they were helpful and kind.

Hope this helps someone who was is as worried as i have been the last few days. Just finished a lovely meal of steak and chips with HUGE glass of wine, no more worrying about the weight!

Lisa.x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: MEDICALS - My day today

Happy days ....well done
Ours in two weeks!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Happy days ....well done
Ours in two weeks!
Good luck, hope your doc is as nice as ours
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:24 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Hi all,

We went for our medicals today at Gatwick. Have to say first class in terms of the least amount of stress.

Arrived at 11:45 for our appointment at 12:00 receptionist apologised as the Doctor was running to time! Sure enough at 12:00 on the dot Oliver was called in. The receptionist then took me to do height, weight and urine sample. Got to the scales and she said "take off as much as you can - especially shoes" so i did. When i got on the scales, i was amazed as they are obviously a little out compared to my scales as i was half a stone lighter. Then the receptionist read the weight off in such away that made me about 3 more pounds lights (total loss by their scales 9 pounds lighter) then she showed me in to a toilet and gave me a beaker thing, she said "go mid flow and dont fill it up" Couldnt help but laugh. So i did my thing then waited for Oliver to come out of the Docs.

When i went in had a quick chat while he looked through the form, started with blood pressure while lying on the couch. Listened to chest using. All fine. He tok some blood, had trouble finding my vien but got it done fine.

Then got up and did an eye check reading a letter chart like they have in the opticians. Kept my glases on throughout. Then read a short passage from a book (small print) Looked in my ears, looked in my eyes, asked me about things i had mentioed on my form IBS and mild depression) Watched as he filled in the rest of the form and saw him tick me as an A

Told me all about his family, asked about Australia plans etc. Showed me the door.

NO BOOB GROPE
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Then walked around the back of the surgery to the Bupa hospital and got the Xrays done. Then home!

Cost £207 per adult.

Hope this helps someone who was is as worried as i have been the last few days. Just finished a lovely meal of steak and chips with HUGE glass of wine, no more worrying about the weight!

Lisa.x

hope our doc is as good we got ours a week on monday and i havent slept, ate,drank or anything

too worried

thanks for posting about yours it eases me a bit

jan xx
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:25 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

NO BOOB GROPE
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Cost £207 per adult.

Lisa.x
13 days and counting to we have ours in brum
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crikey, that piece of chocolate cake ive just finished tasted yummy! Had it in the freezer for a fortnight, waiting for this day!

Meds were easy! But it might be worth checking other posts as i know some peoples meds were not anywhere near as nice as mine

Lisa.x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:43 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

NO BOOB GROPE
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Cost £207 per adult.

Lisa.x
Excellent

We will be having our there too, hope its the same experience as you had I've been dreading it! BTW are you overweight (don't mean to get personal, but us women do worry - some uunnecessarily) I am a stone over my top recommended weight and it just wont shift no matter what

Thanks for sharing that experience with us

Cheri x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

NO BOOB GROPE
NO LECTURES ON WEIGHT

Cost £207 per adult.

Lisa.x
Well i wish we had gone there, I've no clue as to wether we are a or b cos he gave no clues - we went to heathrow,
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

bobstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they ask about depression and if you are on anti depress tablets, my wife still is but she on the the coming put of depression stage, if that makes any sence, sje has to take them for a year after, would this hinder the visa or effect the medical ?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobstevens
Do they ask about depression and if you are on anti depress tablets, my wife still is but she on the the coming put of depression stage, if that makes any sence, sje has to take them for a year after, would this hinder the visa or effect the medical ?

I noted that i had been on them on the form but he didnt ask about it. Ticked everyhing as normal so i guess that it doesnt make a difference. Maybe if your wife can note the dosage of the antidepressants she is on it will be obvious she is coming off them. If you phone your surgery she should be able to get dates and dosages over the phone. My surgery were brill like that... Good luck. PM me if you want any more details

Lisa.x
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
Excellent

We will be having our there too, hope its the same experience as you had I've been dreading it! BTW are you overweight (don't mean to get personal, but us women do worry - some uunnecessarily) I am a stone over my top recommended weight and it just wont shift no matter what

Cheri x
Am I overweight? God, only by several stone! LOL Gatwick were brilliant - didnt bat an eyelid about my weight, made me feel so comfortable! PM me if you want to know any of my more personal details. I really wouldnt worry, i dont think they even noticed!

Lisa.x
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
Excellent

Cheri x
We've got ours booked for Tuesday (in Sheffield anyone any stories to share?) i'm really worried as I'm alot more than one stone over my recommended weight!! - i have been looking at some of the replies from others and where one put's me more at ease the next panics me! Some say that you are unlikely to be refused on health matters but the majority (mostly women I suspect!) are worried at being overweight. Aarrgh!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Am I overweight? God, only by several stone! LOL Gatwick were brilliant - didnt bat an eyelid about my weight, made me feel so comfortable! PM me if you want to know any of my more personal details. I really wouldnt worry, i dont think they even noticed!

Lisa.x
You have just made me feel a bit more positive! (I could stand to loose a stone or few!!!) Please let the Dr's in Sheffield be so nice!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
We've got ours booked for Tuesday (in Sheffield anyone any stories to share?) i'm really worried as I'm alot more than one stone over my recommended weight!! - i have been looking at some of the replies from others and where one put's me more at ease the next panics me! Some say that you are unlikely to be refused on health matters but the majority (mostly women I suspect!) are worried at being overweight. Aarrgh!

We're always worried about weight

You will be fine, just relax
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rachelle
You have just made me feel a bit more positive! (I could stand to loose a stone or few!!!) Please let the Dr's in Sheffield be so nice!
Im sure it will be fine, just tell them before you started this visa mallarky you were a size 10 and just look at what all this stress has done to you! Then obviously they will realise it is all their fault and welcome you to Aus!

Lisa.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.