Reload this Page >

medicals (for the ladys this one)

medicals (for the ladys this one)

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

ozzygirl is on a distinguished road
Smile medicals (for the ladys this one)

Hi

We have booked our medicals for this Saturday and after reading something on Adelaidebrits am a little concerned that i need to take information about my latest smear test with me.

Have any of you had to do this ??? The clinic didn't say anything about it when i booked but they did ask for me to bring details of my gp so was wandering if they would contact them for my results if i didn't bring them with me.

Getting a bit nervous now

Angie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Re: medicals (for the ladys this one)

We went to have our medicals last Tuesday and my partner had to take along a copy of her last smear result.

Not sure if it is normal but it was on the confirmation letter from the doctor.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzygirl
Hi

We have booked our medicals for this Saturday and after reading something on Adelaidebrits am a little concerned that i need to take information about my latest smear test with me.

Have any of you had to do this ??? The clinic didn't say anything about it when i booked but they did ask for me to bring details of my gp so was wandering if they would contact them for my results if i didn't bring them with me.

Angie
Hi,
Had our medicals in Melbourne and nothing was asked about smears at all!! Weight, height, eyesight, BP, urine check, blood test, listen to your chest just about covers it. Didn't ask for gp details, just about any medical problems. Maybe they ask for dr details if you already have a medical condition?

Ruth
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:03 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Had my medical at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and wasn't asked for smear test results.

However, what the doctors do in these medicals varies a great deal from clinic to clinic. For example, at my medical I was told that "all women over the age of 18 need to have a breats check". Then the doctor proceeded to grope *them* for five minutes. But I know that other women went for their medicals in other clinics and didn't have a breast grope.

So, what they do varies from place to place. Maybe at your clinic they are interested in smear tests.

Gina
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Had my medical at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and wasn't asked for smear test results.

However, what the doctors do in these medicals varies a great deal from clinic to clinic. For example, at my medical I was told that "all women over the age of 18 need to have a breats check". Then the doctor proceeded to grope *them* for five minutes. But I know that other women went for their medicals in other clinics and didn't have a breast grope.

So, what they do varies from place to place. Maybe at your clinic they are interested in smear tests.

Gina
That sounds like one odd doctor to me .
I didn't have that done, thank God, nor did I get asked for a smear result.
I had to take evidence of my immunisation history though.

Tracey
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:43 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, our meds were done in Sheffield.
Nothing was asked about my smear test results, I suppose it depends on your doc. Might be worth mentioning where you're from incase someone in your area has had their meds done recently.
Marie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for all your replies

We are going to the Travel Screening Clinic in London.

I think i may give them a call on Monday just to double check what they need me to bring.

Angie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:56 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if they do a breast grope or ask for smear test results in Southampton?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzygirl
Hi

Angie
I was trying to send a reply to you and my main computer did a wobbly on me so I am now on laptop.
Never been asked for smear results before, having done medicals currently for 136 and same previously for a temp visa. Being a practice nurse and doing hundreds of smears on people myself, abnormal results are usually minor/moderate and put themselves right with no treatment or conservative treatment. If you had had a major outcome of a smear test you would have had full on treatment and known about it and would have had to put it on your medical form anyway. Seems like different panel docs have different ideas (some rather strange it seems!!!) I would not worry about it but clarify with the panel Dr. The medical forms ask nothing about smears. As I say, if a smear had progressed to anything, you would be disclosing it under other headings on the from anyway.
All the best.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kitty

I will let you know how i get on

Angie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Had my medical in Melbourne and didn't require my smear test results and neither were my boobs 'groped'

Good luck!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Had my medical in Melbourne and didn't require my smear test results and neither were my boobs 'groped'

Good luck!
Never had boobs groped at either medicals I have done, although hubby (old man-literally) says he had the 'cough test' at the last medical!!! Interesting as to how individual docs work!!?? Working in general practice myself with a bunch of Gp's, we don't do 'bits' in general medicals, although we ask questions, unless a potential problem presents. Seems like it is the preference of the particular panel doc.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:37 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

My boobs weren't groped either, but Steve did have to do the old cough and drop.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Well I have performed a lot of similar medicals although not for Oz immigration and I can say that it is up to the doctor to decide what he tests and what he doesn't.
I personally would not be confident passing somebody as fit without doing ( amongst other things!) the drop and cough if appropriate and a breast examination together with some information on latest smear test.
I would suggest you take a copy of your last smear with you - your GP has to allow you access to your notes and copies if requested - so you should have no problem obtaining them.
The examining doctor will have your permission to contact your GP for further details of any conditions that he thinks relevant but by providing a copy of the test you can avoid this further delay.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be good if there were definite guidelines laid down as to what the doc has to ask, see, do? At Hitchin he did the grope, no idea about cough - haven't got the tackle and only me having meds. Didn't get asked about smear either.

DIMIA are so damn fussy (rightly so) about everything else, you'd think they would regulate this to those standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.