Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals for Infants

Medicals for Infants

Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:06 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals for Infants

We validated our visas (family of four) in 2005 but have still to migrate - we are now a family of five!

I've got the forms we require to get our six week old baby a visa as well but want to know what kind of medical an infant that old has to have? I remember the doctor asking the other two kids a series of questions with a very brief medical - what can Lara expect?

Cheers,

Chris

PS I am right in thinking this application can be sent to London rather than Adelaide aren't I?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for Infants

Originally Posted by chris n
We validated our visas (family of four) in 2005 but have still to migrate - we are now a family of five!

I've got the forms we require to get our six week old baby a visa as well but want to know what kind of medical an infant that old has to have? I remember the doctor asking the other two kids a series of questions with a very brief medical - what can Lara expect?

Cheers,

Chris

PS I am right in thinking this application can be sent to London rather than Adelaide aren't I?
The medical for an infant is much like her routine checks. Length, weight, look in her eyes, head circumference, hip check. They won't do any blood tests or x-rays, just a quick little check to see that she's healthy.
Sorry, don't know where to send the application, but I would assume London.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The medical for an infant is much like her routine checks. Length, weight, look in her eyes, head circumference, hip check. They won't do any blood tests or x-rays, just a quick little check to see that she's healthy.
Sorry, don't know where to send the application, but I would assume London.
Thanks for that Dorothy - my wife and I both laughed at your footnote!

Chris
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No laughing matter, mate. Poor hub's forehead is a wealth of scars now. And the poor guy's bald so they all show.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:22 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,

Chris

we are in exactly same boat has your baby had med yet?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
we are in exactly same boat has your baby had med yet?
Not yet - we only got a passport for her yesterday! We were thinking of getting the medical done and sending that with the application - what abot yourselves?

Chris
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,

Chris

I think you'll find she won't be expected to answer any different questions than the other lot??? Thought she may just gurgle, cry or grunt through the former. OUr kids as old as 8 little (haha) as 18 months don't have to take blood tests or have x rays done but I suppose if she'd kept you up all night you could always ask the dr if they could throw it in as parental revenge???

Seriously though she won't have to have bloods or x rays done.

Jen
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:58 am

Not yet - we only got a passport for her yesterday! We were thinking of getting the medical done and sending that with the application - what abot yourselves?

Chris
same here - she has a nice swanky passport but thats as far as we have got. only just put house on the market so no desperate rush. besides, need to get the dosh together first
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Chris
When I phoned around a few places to get meds done for the baby and 2-year old, I was quoted about £50-55 for each of them. One place, however, told me that since there weren't any adults having meds done (cos we had ours done ages ago) they would have to charge the first child at the adult rate - £95!!!! What a rip-off.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
When I phoned around a few places to get meds done for the baby and 2-year old, I was quoted about £50-55 for each of them. One place, however, told me that since there weren't any adults having meds done (cos we had ours done ages ago) they would have to charge the first child at the adult rate - £95!!!! What a rip-off.
hi mrs. im guessing a newborn baby wont have to provide a pee sample!?!?!