medicals..how much do they cost

Wikiposts

medicals..how much do they cost

Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:29 am
Scootascum member.

scooterpom will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: medicals..how much do they cost

Hi Dawn,

I'm afraid I can't help about blood pressure, anti-depressants etc. but when we got our Meds done (2 adults + 1yr old son) cost us approx £350 for the meds + £160 for the two xrays (didn't need one for the little'un).
The blood test cost more for me as well, cos I've got tattoos.

These were done in Plymouth and although I rang around a few local places on the list this seemed to about the going rate down here.

Hope all goes well (apparently they will take into account a higher blood pressure level anyway, just from the sheer stress of having to undergo the tests!)

Cheers
Scooterpom.

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi guys, im a newy to your chat room and just sent police checks off. waiting to have medicals done. Does anyone know how much they cost roughly? there for myself and husband, daughters age 16 18 and 4. Also reading throught earlier messages im a bit concerned...do you fail if you have high blood pressure or need to loose weight? im about 2 stone over at the mo. Also what if im on antidepressants? sorry for all the questions but im sitting here worrying at the mo. Thanks alot Dawn. ps hope to move to perth asap!!!!!!!! just read this again and I sound like im falling to bits!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:32 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals..how much do they cost

Originally Posted by desperate2go
G.I = Glycemic index foods with slow release sugars that keep you feeling full up for longer, allegedly
And heres me like a fool doing excercise !!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
And heres me like a fool doing excercise !!
I know and i heard of a diet the other day where you can lose 2 stone in a month if you stop stuffing your face with food. Will it work though.......I doubt it
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Smile Re: medicals..how much do they cost

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi guys, im a newy to your chat room and just sent police checks off. waiting to have medicals done. Does anyone know how much they cost roughly? there for myself and husband, daughters age 16 18 and 4. Also reading throught earlier messages im a bit concerned...do you fail if you have high blood pressure or need to loose weight? im about 2 stone over at the mo. Also what if im on antidepressants? sorry for all the questions but im sitting here worrying at the mo. Thanks alot Dawn. ps hope to move to perth asap!!!!!!!! just read this again and I sound like im falling to bits!
Make sure to shop around if you can afford the time and travel. Our xrays were £79 each and the medicals £250 (that was full one for me ie blood tests + medical and just the medical for my partner. The Dr was good enough to throw in the postage to Australia in the price!
My partner's BP was a little elevated but it was just below 'the alarm bell' threshold and we are both overweight (since we stopped smoking the lbs have increased) but he says anything id better than the fags so it wasn't a problem he said.
So hopefully, you will get a kind Dr too. Just make sure to get there in plenty of time so that you don't get stressed out being worried in traffic etc before you even get there. Good luck!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:27 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scooterpom
Hi Dawn,

I'm afraid I can't help about blood pressure, anti-depressants etc. but when we got our Meds done (2 adults + 1yr old son) cost us approx £350 for the meds + £160 for the two xrays (didn't need one for the little'un).
The blood test cost more for me as well, cos I've got tattoos.

These were done in Plymouth and although I rang around a few local places on the list this seemed to about the going rate down here.

Hope all goes well (apparently they will take into account a higher blood pressure level anyway, just from the sheer stress of having to undergo the tests!)

Cheers
Scooterpom.
Hi Scooterpom

Quick question, how much extra were the blood tests for having tattoos? My hubby will prob have to have them as he has LOADS of tats.

Thanks!

Claire
x
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:11 am
Scootascum member.

scooterpom will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire,

Can't remember exactly how much it was, something in the region of an extra £50-60 I think.
I'll see if I can find the receipt when I get home to see if they have detailed it.

The medicals have arrived in Sydney and are hopefully being ticked off by an Aussie doctor

Cheers
Scooterpom

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Scooterpom

Quick question, how much extra were the blood tests for having tattoos? My hubby will prob have to have them as he has LOADS of tats.

Thanks!

Claire
x