Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

As I cannot find my old Central London meet thread I'll start another.

Hello All

A Central London meet has been set up for the afternoon of Sunday 13 March 2005.

Venue:

The Chapel
48 Chapel Street
London NW1 5DP

The venue is a gastropub located in Zone 1 London, 5 mins walk from Marylebone BR, 10 mins walk from Paddington BR, 1 min walk from Edgeware Road tube (Circle/District/Hammersmith and City), and 1 minute wlk from Edgeware Road itself. Venue will allow in children though as we are talking about central london there are no child facilities as such.

Food is served from 12:30 through to 3pm and 7pm to ...er...around 10pm. I'm proposing the meet starts at 1pm.

I had noted the sign-ons of some that said they could come:

Sue and Mick
Scissors
GinaUK
Sue2
Kelli28
Tracey.d
Smiffy's Lot
JohnandNetta

and of course, to anyone else that wants to come...the more the merrier.

Neil
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:46 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Hi Neil

T and I are looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. Seems to be a meet once a month now, although have two in March...!

Are you going to Sandown?

Gary

Originally Posted by wongstonn

Hello All

A Central London meet has been set up for the afternoon of Sunday 13 March 2005.

Venue:

The Chapel
48 Chapel Street
London NW1 5DP

The venue is a gastropub located in Zone 1 London, 5 mins walk from Marylebone BR, 10 mins walk from Paddington BR, 1 min walk from Edgeware Road tube (Circle/District/Hammersmith and City), and 1 minute wlk from Edgeware Road itself. Venue will allow in children though as we are talking about central london there are no child facilities as such.

Food is served from 12:30 through to 3pm and 7pm to ...er...around 10pm. I'm proposing the meet starts at 1pm.

Sue and Mick
Scissors
GinaUK
Sue2
Kelli28
Tracey.d
Smiffy's Lot
JohnandNetta

Neil
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:26 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

Venue:

The Chapel
48 Chapel Street
London NW1 5DP

Sue and Mick
Scissors
GinaUK
Sue2
Kelli28
Tracey.d
Smiffy's Lot
JohnandNetta

Neil
Hi Neil,

yes the threat has definitely vanished. Have just looked up all posts in your name - and it's not there.

Anyway, just to say that Neil and I'll be there at 1pm. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you all then
Gina
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi Gary

Not going to the Expo ourselves. We went last year and didn't think much to it. When we went we already had our visas granted. Recruiters present weren't interested in my trade not my wife's. And the rest told me stuff I aready knew from this forum.

<b>However</b>, I am interested in going a meet on that day as I live local. But from what I can gather, everyone is taking about having a meet, but nobody has actually made a final decision upon a time or venue. Do you know any different?

Neil
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Neil

Hope your all well we`re still up for & looking forward to the meet

Sue & Chris
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:23 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Neil

I tink that the location and time of a meet at sandown is still pretty much work in progress.

I would not be surprised if worsel or Tracey dont sort something.

Cheers, Gary

Hi Gary

Not going to the Expo ourselves. We went last year and didn't think much to it. When we went we already had our visas granted. Recruiters present weren't interested in my trade not my wife's. And the rest told me stuff I aready knew from this forum.

<b>However</b>, I am interested in going a meet on that day as I live local. But from what I can gather, everyone is taking about having a meet, but nobody has actually made a final decision upon a time or venue. Do you know any different?

Neil
Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gary

Last I saw on the Sandown thing one person was volunteering others to organise the do. Travelodge might be sponsoring the thread too!

Neil
Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

hi,
derek and me are new to all this, we are planning to move out to melbourne and i have just seen this thread
can any one come on the sunday and what do you do?

thanks
kate and derek

Hello All

Venue:

The Chapel
48 Chapel Street
London NW1 5DP

Sue and Mick
Scissors
GinaUK
Sue2
Kelli28
Tracey.d
Smiffy's Lot
JohnandNetta

Neil
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:04 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary

Last I saw on the Sandown thing one person was volunteering others to organise the do. Travelodge might be sponsoring the thread too!

Neil
I wasn't that pushy was I? Apologies if so. I was just trying to blag another meet as they are such good fun. This one was going to be in the Peak District and as we like walking and haven't been there for years it would have suited us down to the ground.

Anyway, the Sandown meet looks like it is getting sorted (see the other thread). Tracey and my other half (thpinkpussycat) have done most of the organisation so I won't try and take any credit (or blame)
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate & Derek & WELCOME

Thought I`d reply....of course your welcome Meets are really great you get loads of info and its so nice to meet up with people that understand what your going through.

See you there

Sue
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice
Smile Re: Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

hi sue,
can't wait,
thanks
kate

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi Kate & Derek & WELCOME

Thought I`d reply....of course your welcome Meets are really great you get loads of info and its so nice to meet up with people that understand what your going through.

See you there

Sue
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi KateandDerek

yes, absolutely, come along.

Me and my family (wife and 3 year child) are off to Melbourne to. We booked our flights this week and touchdown mid-May. Look forward to seeing you.

Neil

P.S And Worzel - if you are reading - no you weren't that bad .
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

ugez009sumi will become famous soon enoughugez009sumi will become famous soon enough

Only posted on site a few times, but since I live in North London I will come along!

Looking forward to it.

Christian
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent stuff, Christian. See you there.

Neil
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

bump see you there

tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.