Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals in Horley

Medicals in Horley

Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Medicals in Horley

Anybody had their Med done @ povey cross,Horley...how was it...ball park cost??
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals in Horley

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Steve

Yeah back in Nov 2003. This was for the temp 457 visa therefore we didn't need the blood tests. It was GBP150 each per adult and GBP30 for each of the kids. (Australian keyboards don't have a pound sign!!!) so for a family of 4 it was GBP360. I guess it would be more if you include the bloodtests. Phone them up. They confirmed the price when I phoned about a booking.

No problems with them, they had done a lot of visa applications before, Xray is done at Gatwick park hospital which is directly behind the doctors place. Its pretty basic, height, weight , check your eyes, ears, mouth, chest. Thats about it. Easy money really, but what else can you do? You need that medical! My medical in Brisbane was actually a bit more through when I went for an ENS visa.

hope this helps
Nick
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
Steve

Yeah back in Nov 2003. This was for the temp 457 visa therefore we didn't need the blood tests. It was GBP150 each per adult and GBP30 for each of the kids. (Australian keyboards don't have a pound sign!!!) so for a family of 4 it was GBP360. I guess it would be more if you include the bloodtests. Phone them up. They confirmed the price when I phoned about a booking.

No problems with them, they had done a lot of visa applications before, Xray is done at Gatwick park hospital which is directly behind the doctors place. Its pretty basic, height, weight , check your eyes, ears, mouth, chest. Thats about it. Easy money really, but what else can you do? You need that medical! My medical in Brisbane was actually a bit more through when I went for an ENS visa.

hope this helps
Nick

thanks Nick thats just the info i needed...prices will have gone up i'm sure of that we are going for the 136 skilled visa and a family of 4 so this will help in pricing things up
Old Mar 26th 2005, 7:17 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke to Horley Docs a few weeks ago, £200 per Adult, £50 Kids.
I think this was for everything.
You only need to book about a week in advance.

Kevin
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kevinl
Spoke to Horley Docs a few weeks ago, £200 per Adult, £50 Kids.
I think this was for everything.
You only need to book about a week in advance.

Kevin
OUCH!

They have gone up.

Steve, which part of Crawley?
Lived in both Furnace Green and Pound Hill!

Nick
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
OUCH!

They have gone up.

Steve, which part of Crawley?
Lived in both Furnace Green and Pound Hill!

Nick
Hi Nick...Ifield...near the train station...i aint changed mate
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nick...Ifield...near the train station...i aint changed mate
Small World
My sister lives in Ifield.
Is the pub still the Pelham Buckle?
my wife used to rent in Ifield back in the late eighties...loxwood close. She used to hate walking to the station on shiftwork at Gatwick.

Can't image Crawley has changed that much in 18 months, although my Dad says the tram line (fastway?) has craved up a fair bit of the place! Seems a lifetime ago, yet lived there for 35 years.

In no rush to go back!!!!

On my first trip to Australia, I bumped into this old guy on the sunshine coast in 2002 who had a thick yorkshirish ozzie accent. Said he had been here for 30 years, and that his only regret was that he hadn't emigrated earlier in life. So far I can understand his comment, if only cause the house prices keep going up! (especially in SE queensland)
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:20 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

£200 seems very very expensive.

We had medicals done in Croydon just over a year ago and it was £60 per adult.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I did, be careful about how many units of alcohol you declare. I think the doctor there does the meds for pilots too. He was NOT impressed when I told him 25.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Not medicals but spent the odd evening in the Air Balloon, including my mate's stag night a couple of years back. Long story but he didn't turn up til late on