Reload this Page >

Medicals and drug tests

Medicals and drug tests

Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

kevbhoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals and drug tests

G'day all,

My wife and I have just received word to get our medicals and police certificates, great news! However, as bad luck would have it, last weekend I smoked a joint for the first time in about six years. Now I am worried sick incase the medical picks this up, as I believe it will stay in the system for about a month.
Does anybody know if the medical actually tests for drugs, in particular cannabis? As a very occasional user I cannot believe my luck, having to undergo the most important medical of my life just weeks after smoking the stuff.
Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Kevin
Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:15 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals and drug tests

Originally posted by kevbhoy
G'day all,

My wife and I have just received word to get our medicals and police certificates, great news! However, as bad luck would have it, last weekend I smoked a joint for the first time in about six years. Now I am worried sick incase the medical picks this up, as I believe it will stay in the system for about a month.
Does anybody know if the medical actually tests for drugs, in particular cannabis? As a very occasional user I cannot believe my luck, having to undergo the most important medical of my life just weeks after smoking the stuff.

Kevin
Hi Kevin

I'm sure blood tests will show this up. It may be worth asking for an extension to give yourself some time to get it out of your system.

Mel
Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Gillian D is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the same position as you. My husband had a joint just a few weeks before we got word to go for medicals. I phoned our agent and asked about this. She said they don't test for that and to go ahead with the medicals which we did. Have just sent them away now, so I hope she was right.

Originally posted by kevbhoy
G'day all,

Kevin
Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:24 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

As far Im aware they do not do a drugs screen. We have had ours and nothing was mentioned about it. They cant do it without your permission anyway.
They only test blood for HIV and (HEP B if you have a tattoo) so you should be OK. ...