Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals done today.

Medicals done today.

Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals done today.

Hi everyone not been on here much latley as not a lot to report really but all of a sudden things are happening.
Myself and the family went for our Meds,unrequested as we have still not heard anything so thought we would get on with it anyway.
It wasn,t too bad at all.
The doctor was great with my little girl who was a little scared at first would not even take her shoes off and so the doctor took off his and she was fine after that.9shoes that is!!!)
Chest x-rays £120.00 for both of us (quickest £120 quid I have ever spent I'll tell you.) blood tests nothing to worry about .Fingers crossed that everything comes back okay.
We have also booked some flights for end of Feb to go out to Perth and have a good look round before we comitt ourselves to the $100,00 for 12 months.
Cannot wait and we are really looking forward to it.
Flying with Emmirates hope they are okay as I have not flown with them before and have a two year old to worry about.
Just hope she sleeps okay .Open to any suggestions anyone may have, to make it a little easier on her and us.
Our little boy who is 6 will be fine he will watch the tv screens the whole time or play with the nintendo.
It would be interesting to see who else is going to Perth in Feb for a rekkie.
Or if any April 2004 applicants skilled independent have had meds requested yet?
Good Luck to everyone and lets hope we all hear soon.
Cheers Dreamaway
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals done today.

Whats happened noone gonna reply to me then.
Have I upset someone?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:05 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Soft question are you sending the meds off?
Because if you are and for some reason your case officer is almost upto speed with your application you could be asked for your bond money before you get out here in Feb.
Just a thought, our bond was asked for a week after the meds got to dimia!
Please also remember you have 49 days to deposit the money once requested.

Can't quite understand why you need to reassure yourself either about your move to OZ after going through the application almost to the end. Does this mean that depending on your "holiday" you might not go any further with your application.

Seems a lot of bother and being unsure flying out once then doing it all again a few months later to validate your visa's.

Jenny
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed for you Dreamaway. Hopefully not to much longer to go.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jensteve
Soft question are you sending the meds off?
Because if you are and for some reason your case officer is almost upto speed with your application you could be asked for your bond money before you get out here in Feb.
Just a thought, our bond was asked for a week after the meds got to dimia!
Please also remember you have 49 days to deposit the money once requested.

Can't quite understand why you need to reassure yourself either about your move to OZ after going through the application almost to the end. Does this mean that depending on your "holiday" you might not go any further with your application.

Seems a lot of bother and being unsure flying out once then doing it all again a few months later to validate your visa's.

Jenny
Hi Jenny first of all we have sent meds unrequested and still have not heard anything I still think we have at least another two months to wait but I may be wrong.
Basically yes we feel before we comitt ourselves to being totally flat broke fro 12 months /until we sell the house we do want to see where we are going.
And yes there is the added expense of spending extra on going on holiday now but if we go and think it really is not for us then we will not be taking it any further.
This may seem a bit daft but in the first place to have any chance at all we had to have our application before my husband turned 39 or we would not of had enough points never mind the bond money so we thought okay we shall go for it.
If we decide not to go then yes we have wasted a lot of money but having the chance we had to go for it.
More thank likely we will love it and decide to come out to live in Perth and come out again and validate at the same time and stay indefinatley.
Can I ask did you send your meds unrequested them?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Medicals done today.

Originally Posted by Bordy
Fingers crossed for you Dreamaway. Hopefully not to much longer to go.
Thanks Bordy!!!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:40 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Our meds where requested about week 32 of our application, our visa's where granted week 47 ish.
It all went very quickly when the meds had arrived, the request was the mid march and we had the meds the beginning of april, our bond request was literally return post, the bond was completed literally the last day of the dead line, being 1st week in July, visa given 9th July...

The whole process can go extremely quick from your meds onward, you may have a case officer that looks at your meds and then thinks stuff it they are almost at week ? and request your bond.

The bond for us took the longest as the paperwork and the case officers proof etc was messed up by our agent but it was finally sorted on day 48! Our application would have been granted 4 weeks earlier if my agent had done the bond bit correctly. I did start to panic a bit by then.
Jenny