Reload this Page >

Medicals, and afterwards

Medicals, and afterwards

Old Jun 13th 2002, 11:40 am
Just Joined

izzyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals, and afterwards

Hi
Assuming that my chest x-ray and medicals are fine, do I then keep them and submit them with the other mountain of paper work, or should they be sent to the powers that be directly?
What is the procedure? I am having my medical and x-ray on Monday (not looking forward!)
Izzy
Old Jun 13th 2002, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals, and afterwards

Hiya

HAHAHAHAHA gotta love the medicals, my son and I had ours on Friday and man was it fun, as my boy said 'I feel abooooosed'!

They are painless though, nothing to panic about, I only wish I had listened to my 15 year old son and not panicked as much as I did

Yvonne
Old Jun 13th 2002, 2:33 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Izzy.

If you are front-end loading your visa application your doctor should give you the sealed results and chest X-ray, which you should send to the Department of Immigration with your visa application and other documents.

If your visa application is already lodged the medicals and chest X-rays should be sent to the Department of Immigration DIRECTLY by the doctor/radiologist.

Note that either way you won't know the results of your medical and X-ray, although the doctor might give you an indication as to whether (or not) all is well if you're nice to him/her!

Hope this helps.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-co-dot-uk
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.co.uk, and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk
Old Jun 14th 2002, 12:58 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ywoods
Hiya

HAHAHAHAHA gotta love the medicals, my son and I had ours on Friday and man was it fun, as my boy said 'I feel abooooosed'!

They are painless though, nothing to panic about, I only wish I had listened to my 15 year old son and not panicked as much as I did

Yvonne
Fun? Too true. Just wished they'd turned the heating up a bit...The funniest bit was when Mrs Mouse got a blanket to lay under, and I'm like "erm, we're kinda married Doc - d'ya think I haven't seen her in her undies before?" That and the "I'll just take a peek down here" line I got..... Fun fun fun!!!!

Just got the next medical to look forward to when I report to find out what my health undertaking is all about. Mind you, this "unclean" sign the doc hung around my neck is starting to bug me...

Mouse.
Old Jun 15th 2002, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

dazzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan Collett,

Could you please tell us if our 3 year old daughter will have to take her medicals and x-rays?

Thanks for your help,

Regards Darren
Old Jun 15th 2002, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren
We've just got the medical forms and kids have to have the medicals, but under 11 years old they don't have blood tests or x rays. Got to make sure they're up to date with immunisations though.
Sue
Old Jun 16th 2002, 8:09 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Darren,

Yes Emma had to have a medical but as Sue says no x-ray or blood tests. It was pretty straight forward and just listened to her chest checked her hips etc and that her immunisations are up to date. Take her record card with you.

Susan
Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
Thunder Ace

izzyk <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Assuming that my chest x-ray and medicals are fine, do I then keep them and
    > submit them with the other mountain of paper work, or should they be sent to the
    > powers that be directly? What is the procedure? I am having my medical and x-ray on
    > Monday (not looking forward!) Izzy

The normal procedure is that you send the other mountain of paperwork first and then
wait to be asked for the medicals which you then send directly to DIMIA. If you are
saying you already have the medicals but have not yet submitted your application,
then you can include your medicals and x-rays, but if the processing takes too long,
your medicals could expire.

Thunder Ace

Old Jun 18th 2002, 4:20 pm
Thunder Ace

dazzx6r <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Alan Collett,
    >
    > Could you please tell us if our 3 year old daughter will have to take her medicals
    > and x-rays?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Regards Darren

Your daughter will need a medical but not an x-ray as she is under sixteen.

Thunder Ace

Old Jun 19th 2002, 9:21 am
Thunder Ace

Alan Collett <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Izzy.
    >
    > If you are front-end loading your visa application your doctor should give you the
    > sealed results and chest X-ray, which you should send to the Department of
    > Immigration with your visa application and other documents.
    >
    > If your visa application is already lodged the medicals and chest X-rays should be
    > sent to the Department of Immigration DIRECTLY by the doctor/radiologist.

I don't think so for Adelaide applications. I had to send mine myself as did lots of
other people on the NG. And beware of the doctor telling you not to send your x-rays.
Apparently this was valid until Adelaide took over processing last November. A lot of
people, including me, have been delayed by that bit of advice. Always send the x-rays
with the medical.

Thunder Ace

>
    > Note that either way you won't know the results of your medical and X-ray, although
    > the doctor might give you an indication as to whether (or not) all is well if
    > you're nice to him/her!
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    >
    >
    > Alan Collett alan-at-gomatilda-dot-co-dot-uk Registered Migration Agent Number
    > 0102534 and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
    > http://www.gomatilda.co.uk, and http://www.collettandco.co.uk
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Alan Collett
    >
    > Alan Collett
    >
    > Alan Collett
    >
    > Alan Collett