British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medicals-377923/)

CazBeckham Jun 6th 2006 9:35 pm

Medicals

Can anyone tell me that when you go for your medicals do they tell you there and then that they are Ok.

Also I suffer with high blood pressure and am on tablets for it.
It is Ok when I do a reading at home but suffer with good old "White Coat Syndrome" ie high blood pressure at doctors and hospitals, will I still be Ok as tablets are controlling it?

Hope someone can answer my question

Thanks

Caz

sasbear Jun 6th 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Can anyone tell me that when you go for your medicals do they tell you there and then that they are Ok.

It is Ok when I do a reading at home but suffer with good old "White Coat Syndrome" ie high blood pressure at doctors and hospitals, will I still be Ok as tablets are controlling it?

Thanks

Caz

Hi,

Well the medicals have to be done by a registered doctor a list is available on the i8mmigration site but I am sure someone on here will have moe info :)

Mrs JFW Jun 6th 2006 10:06 pm

Hi Caz,

from what I have read before on these threads if your BP is out of range after taking it a few times they refer you to a cardiologist for further investigations. If you are already under a cardiologist it might be worth getting a letter from them to say that your BP is under control with your meds or something like that.

jackie x

Karen and Iain Jun 6th 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Caz
Not sure about the general situation but the doctor who carried out our medicals was very nice, friendly and told us everything was OK on the day, he then phoned a week later to sy he had blood results and they were OK and he was sending them away.
I think the doc can give you the OK if the medication is controlling the blood pressure and he has no reason to think this is going to be a bigger problem in the next couple of years.
Hope this is helpful
Karen

Wendy Jun 6th 2006 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by CazBeckham

Thanks

Caz

Hi

You will be fine, just get some info together from your doctor to take with you.

Forms can be downloaded from here Bottom three. :)