Wikiposts

medicals

Old May 25th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough
Default medicals

hello all,
i am new here and i have some questions:
1. i had a blood test a week ago at my family doctor and my results on liver are way to high.
i do not drink....i ll have some more tests done to find out whats the problem. i went to trinidad & tobago a few month ago and hope i didnt catch hepatitis.
i am really scared now cuz i have my medical appointment on june 20.
if it turns out to be hepatitis....will the (prospective marriage) visa be declined?
what do they check anyway in the bloodtest? all my other parameters are perfect.
2. i put some weight during pregnancy and my BMI is 29. would that be a problem as well?

thanks for your help!
Old May 25th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by greentreefrog
hello all,
i am new here and i have some questions:
1. i had a blood test a week ago at my family doctor and my results on liver are way to high.
i do not drink....i ll have some more tests done to find out whats the problem. i went to trinidad & tobago a few month ago and hope i didnt catch hepatitis.
i am really scared now cuz i have my medical appointment on june 20.
if it turns out to be hepatitis....will the (prospective marriage) visa be declined?
what do they check anyway in the bloodtest? all my other parameters are perfect.
2. i put some weight during pregnancy and my BMI is 29. would that be a problem as well?

thanks for your help!
i wouldnt say the weight was a problem at all. unfortunately cant help you with your bloods..but good luck iwth them.
Old May 25th 2006, 6:14 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
i wouldnt say the weight was a problem at all. unfortunately cant help you with your bloods..but good luck iwth them.

We had your medicals done and all they do is give you a very basic check up, eg, eye sight, reflexes, urine sample test, look in your ears, listern to your heart etc all very basic really. You have your x-rays done at the hospital before you go to the docs that morning and take them with you. The only blood test that you have to have is for HIV and thats all, unless you are going into the medical profession and then you have extra blood tests done.
You get your blood test results about a week or so later by post.

Hope this helps, Pete.
Old May 25th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Just whatever you do, be honest about it! Take the results of the tests to the medical.
Old May 25th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We had your medicals done and all they do is give you a very basic check up, eg, eye sight, reflexes, urine sample test, look in your ears, listern to your heart etc all very basic really. You have your x-rays done at the hospital before you go to the docs that morning and take them with you. The only blood test that you have to have is for HIV and thats all, unless you are going into the medical profession and then you have extra blood tests done.
You get your blood test results about a week or so later by post.

Hope this helps, Pete.
HIV is not the only blood test done, certainly not at our meds anyway last week, if you have any body piercings or tattoos then extra blood tests are required for hepatitis.
you are better off being honest I am sure it would not do your application any good if you were caught out not telling the whole truth, and surely you need it sorting out anyway

hope everything goes ok

steve
Old May 25th 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough

thank you all,
no, i wont lie if it turns out to be hepatitis.
does anyone know whether i get my visa or not if i have hepatitis?
Old May 30th 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

had my results back today and i am hepatitis negative.....i am so happy.

thanks again to everyone responding to my question.
Old May 30th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greentreefrog
had my results back today and i am hepatitis negative.....i am so happy.

thanks again to everyone responding to my question.
Phew sigh of relief I think for you there. super news.