Medicals

Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:41 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Medicals

Had ours today, and everyone ok, except me my BP was up quite alot (I hope this was due to trying to keep our ADHD 7 year old under control) , but to be honest I don't think so.

Dr advised I go to the practice nurse and get it checked and if ok send the results to her on headed notepaper and this will be ok, if not I may need cardiology input My first thought is this sounds expensive, has this happened to anyone else and could they tell me what is involved and the cost.

Thanx for the help.............................................. ....................again
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:47 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Medicals

Don't worry but yeah it's not cheap. I had EXACTLY the same problem - white coat hypertension. Went to the cardiologist who hooked me up to an ECG and tested my blood pressure 4 times whilst I was there and the last reading was normal. Total cost an addition £200. My paperwork (with cardio report) is going off to Oz tomorrow!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:50 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by crystal113
Don't worry but yeah it's not cheap. I had EXACTLY the same problem - white coat hypertension. Went to the cardiologist who hooked me up to an ECG and tested my blood pressure 4 times whilst I was there and the last reading was normal. Total cost an addition £200. My paperwork (with cardio report) is going off to Oz tomorrow!!

Crystal , thanks a mill, can feel my BP going down already, coz I thought it would cost much more
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Had ours today, and everyone ok, except me my BP was up quite alot (I hope this was due to trying to keep our ADHD 7 year old under control) , but to be honest I don't think so.

Dr advised I go to the practice nurse and get it checked and if ok send the results to her on headed notepaper and this will be ok, if not I may need cardiology input My first thought is this sounds expensive, has this happened to anyone else and could they tell me what is involved and the cost.

Thanx for the help.............................................. ....................again

Bloody hell Margaret

When you get to work, get checking your blood pressure and see what that says. It could have just been nerves, the OH had problems with his, but it came down by the time the doc had done the other two.

A little tip is to drink a glass of red wine a day

Last edited by WendyC; Apr 24th 2006 at 3:53 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
Bloody hell Margaret

When you get to work, get checking your blood pressure and see what that says. It could have just been nerves, the OH had problems with his, but it came down by the time the doc had done the other two.

A little top is to drink a glass of red wine a day

Was checking it last week and it was up, but was just hoping it was coz i was at work, but obviously not.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:54 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Bloody hell Margaret

A little top is to drink a glass of red wine a day

NO not a bottle Margaret , she said a GLASS.
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Easier said than done but you've got to try and relax when you have them redone. It's a catch 22, your bp is high because you are worried about having it done and the circle continues.

Originally Posted by crystal113

Crystal trying to send you thank you karma, but when i press it the screen is freezing, but will send some, once again thanx
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Was checking it last week and it was up, but was just hoping it was coz i was at work, but obviously not.
Can you not get one of the doctors to check you out. Or get some advice from one of them on how to get it down.

Also there is a thread on it somewhere, I'll have a look for it. There is some really good tips in there.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
NO not a bottle Margaret , she said a GLASS.

Thnk the bottles are part of the problem
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:56 pm

Can you not get one of the doctors to check you out. Or get some advice from one of them on how to get it down.

Also there is a thread on it somewhere, I'll have a look for it. There is some really good tips in there.

Yeah, will be able to attend occupational health, on the bright side, they might sign me off untill its normal
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:59 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Medicals

Crystal trying to send you thank you karma, but when i press it the screen is freezing, but will send some, once again thanx
No worries and good luck. I tried going to my doctors first but trying to get calm got me anxious and it was even higher when it was checked. I just thought if it get's me to oz I would pay another £500 to get through the medical - it'll be worth it in the end. We are all through and just on the waiting game!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:59 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, will be able to attend occupational health, on the bright side, they might sign me off untill its normal

Thats you without a job then! ........

.......oh sorry I thought you said they might sign you off until you are normal lol
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes get them to do that. Tell them you think it's the stress you are under with your mum, work and the emmigration stuff. Good plan !!

here is that link for you to read:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...blood+pressure
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:05 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i also have occasional high bp (stress related)

but i beat the meds by deep breathing exercises (honest worked for me)

Coz i didn't lose weight or cut down drink HIc hic or stop drinking coffee or anything else, i carried on as normal and thought if there's any thing that major wrong with me, it's too late now!

But i do suffer with palpitations and bp as i said all stress related,

Breath in,................and out
breath in.................and out

seriously, i looked up a couple of sites (googled them) and works feel more in control now (well sometimes)

yours will be ok! get the doc at work to do it, coz you wont be as stressed there (hopefully)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.