Medicals

Old May 23rd 2005, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

THE THOMSONS will become famous soon enoughTHE THOMSONS will become famous soon enough
Angry Medicals

Hi everyone,
Has anyone out there had any problems,issues or concerns from the medical examination RE:BMI weight charts married together with a borderline blood pressure reading for that particular age.Is something like this a cause for concern.

Cheers
James
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:22 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by THE THOMSONS
Hi everyone,
Has anyone out there had any problems,issues or concerns from the medical examination RE:BMI weight charts married together with a borderline blood pressure reading for that particular age.Is something like this a cause for concern.

Cheers
James
I too want to know about BMI and weight oooo that's a guilty clue
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I too want to know about BMI and weight oooo that's a guilty clue

Hi as you live in surrey,you might go to gatwick park for your meds we have just had ours there and they were great..
try here for your BMI
http://www.bdaweightwise.com/bda/lose_bmi.aspx
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:37 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi as you live in surrey,you might go to gatwick park for your meds we have just had ours there and they were great..
try here for your BMI
http://www.bdaweightwise.com/bda/lose_bmi.aspx
Thanks for the advice. How far in advance did you have to book for your meds at Gatwick park, were they very busy, how much did they cost? What do they do? It is just me, hubby and 12 year old son.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:53 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by THE THOMSONS
Hi everyone,

Cheers
James
see the following thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=Fat )
Hope this helps
Old May 24th 2005, 7:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Thanks for the advice. How far in advance did you have to book for your meds at Gatwick park, were they very busy, how much did they cost? What do they do? It is just me, hubby and 12 year old son.
Hi Anne

We've just booked our meds at Gatwick for end June.

When I spoke to them they said because it's just me and my husband they could fit us in within 10 days, cost £200 each incl. x-rays.
Old May 24th 2005, 9:35 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

We've got our medicals/xrays booked for 3 June and Im really, really worried to death about them. Was stressing not having received the request for them, so went ahead and booked them without it, now stressing even more about the damn things. Perhaps I should have waited and shift a few more pounds! Although a few stone in reality is whats needed :scared:

I cant be the only lardy applying!!! Can I??????

Jo
Old May 24th 2005, 10:48 am
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Joanne
We've got our medicals/xrays booked for 3 June and Im really, really worried to death about them. Was stressing not having received the request for them, so went ahead and booked them without it, now stressing even more about the damn things. Perhaps I should have waited and shift a few more pounds! Although a few stone in reality is whats needed :scared:

I cant be the only lardy applying!!! Can I??????

Jo
Hi Jo,

I worried for weeks about my meds, had many sleepless nights & went on a healthy eating plan 3 weeks before.

Dont know why I stressed so much as the meds were a doddle I'm a little overweight but you should of seen one lady in the waiting room :scared: I'm sure she'd need at least 3 seats on the plane !

Dont worry, what they look for is for people who have had TB or people who would drain the health resource in Oz.

Good luck
Old May 24th 2005, 11:39 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Joanne
....I cant be the only lardy applying!!! Can I??????
No, you're definitely not the only one - we seem to be in the majority.

Reading that they're generally booking 3-4 weeks in advance, we rang to book ours last Friday... the plan was to crash-diet for the 3-4 weeks and get my borderline BMI down into the acceptable region. However, they said that just before we called they'd had a cancellation and could book us in on Thursday...!!! [hands up who cancelled with Dr Million in Manchester...]

So... 5 days of crash diet and exercise :scared: in the run up to the meds.

All the best,
RT.
Old May 24th 2005, 2:22 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
No, you're definitely not the only one - we seem to be in the majority.

Reading that they're generally booking 3-4 weeks in advance, we rang to book ours last Friday... the plan was to crash-diet for the 3-4 weeks and get my borderline BMI down into the acceptable region. However, they said that just before we called they'd had a cancellation and could book us in on Thursday...!!! [hands up who cancelled with Dr Million in Manchester...]

So... 5 days of crash diet and exercise :scared: in the run up to the meds.

All the best,
RT.

LOL... things never go to plan
Old May 24th 2005, 3:05 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
I'm a little overweight but you should of seen one lady in the waiting room :scared: I'm sure she'd need at least 3 seats on the plane !

Hey that was me

Seriously though I understand that being more than a tad overweight alone doesn't preclude you from obtaining your visa, if you have health problems because of your weight ie. high BP, bad back, painful joints, diabetes the they may ask for additional reports.

Gillian
Old May 24th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

High BMI? Worry not, it's less than 40.6 at the medicals then you have nothing to worry about. Trust me I know. Check out my trials and tribulations in the "medicals Panic" thread!
Old May 24th 2005, 7:41 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rabc
High BMI? Worry not, it's less than 40.6 at the medicals then you have nothing to worry about. Trust me I know. Check out my trials and tribulations in the "medicals Panic" thread!
Cheers Rabc... already been there, done that...

You were a great reassurance to me with all that you posted on there. Read it last week. You suffered for all us well-builts... I raise my glass to you..!!

Cheers,
RT.