Medicals

Old May 3rd 2004, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Paul Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

We've been asked to have our police checks & medicals undertaken and submitted to Adelaide by 14th June.

Our medicals are booked for 14th & 21st May - this now seems quite tight. Does anyone know if the panel doctor routinely requests verification from the applicants GP even when the completed form suggests that there are no health issues?

We are concerned that there may be additional delays.

We sent the police request form off two weeks ago and are awaiting a response from the National database - how long do these things normally take?
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally posted by Paul Hunter
We've been asked to have our police checks & medicals undertaken and submitted to Adelaide by 14th June.

Our medicals are booked for 14th & 21st May - this now seems quite tight. Does anyone know if the panel doctor routinely requests verification from the applicants GP even when the completed form suggests that there are no health issues?

We sent the police request form off two weeks ago and are awaiting a response from the National database - how long do these things normally take?
Paul
The panel doctors do not routinely contact your GP but you do need to declare ANY ONGOING conditions. Failure to do this could result in your visa being withdrawn if it is later found that you were dishonest.
If you have an ongoing condition then a letter from your GP may be helpful.

Good luck

G
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:14 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

We have just had this same dilema - our agent got the letter for us to have our meds/PC's on the 23rd April by the time they were sent to us it was friday the 30th April, so we booked our meds at the earliest for 4th June and we have sent off our Police checks too - but now we have the letter in our hands they state they want them by the 7th June - Ouch - EEk!!! Do we have to have the results of blood tests - Xrays etc etc done and dusted and sent to whoever iin 3 days???? And to top it all off our passports had to be renewed!!

Cor blimey!! they make you wait months and month for them to get back to you then they expect you to jump through burning hoops. Lets hope we will be OK with the deadlines??

If there is anyone out there who could give us an idea it would be appreciated

Heres looking at warmer climbs!!!
Old May 4th 2004, 2:04 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

I did my medicals a few weeks ago - it took two weeks for them to receive the lab results and put the results in the post, so you will definitely need to allow time for this. My UK police report only took two weeks (March), but I know others have waited longer.

If you look like you're going to run out of time, you should e-mail your case officer and ask for an extension of the deadline. Apparently they have no problems doing this...
Old May 4th 2004, 11:42 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Hi There

We have just had this same dilema - our agent got the letter for us to have our meds/PC's on the 23rd April by the time they were sent to us it was friday the 30th April, so we booked our meds at the earliest for 4th June and we have sent off our Police checks too - but now we have the letter in our hands they state they want them by the 7th June - Ouch - EEk!!! Do we have to have the results of blood tests - Xrays etc etc done and dusted and sent to whoever iin 3 days???? And to top it all off our passports had to be renewed!!

Cor blimey!! they make you wait months and month for them to get back to you then they expect you to jump through burning hoops. Lets hope we will be OK with the deadlines??

If there is anyone out there who could give us an idea it would be appreciated

Heres looking at warmer climbs!!!

Waited 40 days for Essex Police, phoned them and they had lost my letters, only took another two days once they had found my original requests!!! Our medicals took about a week to go off after we had them, we had a date of June 7th also to get the medicals back by, you can get an extension if you are going to need it, but DIMIA just want to get lots of visas through for the end of June deadline, hope it works ok for you.
Old May 4th 2004, 11:50 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

if you all don't mind me asking, when did you send your main applications in? I’m just curious.
Old May 4th 2004, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Paul Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear ScutterUk ,

We posted our original application on 2nd September last year and were informed that it would take up to 50 weeks to hear anything so we realistically didn't expect anything to happen until the end of the summer!

We're just glad to have reached the next stage!
Old May 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Dear ScutterUk ,

We posted our original application on 2nd September last year and were informed that it would take up to 50 weeks to hear anything so we realistically didn't expect anything to happen until the end of the summer!

We're just glad to have reached the next stage!

2nd september, looking at austimeline, i thought you would have had yours requested before now. they're already well in to october applications. still, it'll take em a bit longer to get to mine, i only applied in december!

good luck with the meds.
Old May 4th 2004, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul,

My Mother had a similar problem at the beginning of the year.She was about two weeks late.She let her case officer know and everything was fine.She has been told she will be granted her visa on june 30 th!!!!!!
Don't worry and good luck!!!!

The Bread Knife