Medical Swizz?

Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Medical Swizz?

Hi all,

went for meds today, ( myself, hub and 2 nippers 5 and 3 ).

Cost £380, fair enough, but the doctor woulden't give us a definite "Yes, everything's fine " or not. Told us he isn't allowed to tell us what the results actually are, but when i told him the sale of our house is going to be based on whether the meds are ok or not, he conceded " no news is good news".

Do all med doc's talk in riddles or just ours?

Feeling pleased we've got the meds out the way, but confused as to the actual outcome. what do you reckon?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:06 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Guess Doc covering themselves.Wouldnt the bloods etc take a little while to come back from lab -so they would not have the full results there and then?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seang, yeah thats true about the blood results, but we feel fairly ok that we don't have HIV or Hep B. We were more concerned about the chest X-rays, as we both have a disgusting habit called - smoking.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:18 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

same here.Think if there was anything with chest xrays they would mention it there and then.No doctor would let you walk out if they knew there was an issue - so would say your looking good on that score.

Do all med doc's talk in riddles or just ours
Not just doctors-agents and estate agents (oh yeah and bank managers)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE

Not just doctors-agents and estate agents (oh yeah and bank managers) [/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

Oh well, two down - agents and doctors, two to go - estate agents and the bank manager!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Swizz?

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi all,

Cost £380, fair enough, but the doctor woulden't give us a definite "Yes, everything's fine " or not. Told us he isn't allowed to tell us what the results actually are, but when i told him the sale of our house is going to be based on whether the meds are ok or not, he conceded " no news is good news".

Feeling pleased we've got the meds out the way, but confused as to the actual outcome. what do you reckon?
They can tell you the results once the have the bloods results are back, which generally take 5 days.
He has no right or reason not to tell you the results.
Ours promised to call once the blood results were back and he did.
Don't let them tell you otherwise, especially as your paying, its not like he's doing you a favour your perfectly entitled to know the results.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Dazzac,

that sounds about right to us too. A bit surprised that as we're paying them, they can't be a bit more definite.

Can't even imagine someone paying my fella to mend a fridge for them and then him saying " well I can't actually tell you if it's working now or not "!!!

I must improve my patience, I must improve my patience.......
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dazzac,

that sounds about right to us too. A bit surprised that as we're paying them, they can't be a bit more definite.

Can't even imagine someone paying my fella to mend a fridge for them and then him saying " well I can't actually tell you if it's working now or not "!!!

I must improve my patience, I must improve my patience.......
They would tell you if they had found anything and as Dazzac says the medical is not complete without the blood test results.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Hi steandleigh

had ours and doctor v helpful, was australian. he told us all ok and surgery receptionist let us know bloods alright a week later.

think poss touch of green eyed monster as he knows at that moment if meds ok (as they are part of panel), you've prob nothing to worry about.

with regards to smoking issue, he went through x rays with us and as Graham is smoker, I expressed my concerns, he said that nothing would show until "lung eaten away too much and then too late" but was ok at mo - fine we've passed but not sure I liked other comment although at least honest!!!!

sure meds will be fine, where you had x rays (presume different place) would have informed you if any problems as again they told us all was ok.

all best

T x
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Swifts,

thanks for the advice. We had it all done under one roof, so am presuming the doc would have noticed at the time if anything was amiss.

Best wishes,
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:18 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi there penelope!!! Glad you got through them in one piece.

i think out of all the stages in this race that's the bit i'm not looking forward to the most.

well done! think positive, you're on your way!

Peter.P

PS.. i can't believe you're a smoker! :lecture:
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scutterUK

PS.. i can't believe you're a smoker! :lecture:
Hi Scuts!

My hand feels very red and sore after that hand slapping you just gave me!!! I know it's a vile habit, but it is my only vice!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

P.S Forgot all about our race P.Peter!!!

You're on!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:13 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

P.S Forgot all about our race P.Peter!!!

You're on!!!
yup looks like the race is on,... nothing to hold me back now.

take care.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:05 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Whereabouts did you go for you meds, I'd like to cross them off my list, I too am banking on the doc giving a thumbs up on the day before we sell the house from under our feet.
jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.