Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical Question

Medical Question

Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all
Question Medical Question

Hi all
hope someone can help properly a silly question but what happens if you cant touch your toes i have never been able to do it husband says it's not normal the rest of the family can will it make any difference to the results?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Question

Originally Posted by VanessaB
Hi all
hope someone can help properly a silly question but what happens if you cant touch your toes i have never been able to do it husband says it's not normal the rest of the family can will it make any difference to the results?
why would you want to?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve`o
why would you want to?
have read that it is one of the things they ask you to do on your medicals have you taken yours if so was you not asked to do this?
Vanessa
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hands up all those who can't touch their toes (small forest of waving arms!!)

I don't think you can fail your medical on those grounds
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can touch my toes but it wasn't part of the medical I took
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:56 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppett44
Well I can touch my toes but it wasn't part of the medical I took

oooerrrrr matron noooooooo
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hands up all those who can't touch their toes (small forest of waving arms!!)

I don't think you can fail your medical on those grounds
Attached Images  
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:59 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

The subject never came up and at the time I don't think I could SEE my toes Had stopped smoking at Christmas and piled the weight on
If you go to Huddersfield for the meds you probably won't be asked

Loz x
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:04 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame I have been practising just in case and can now just about reach them
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loz
The subject never came up and at the time I don't think I could SEE my toes Had stopped smoking at Christmas and piled the weight on
If you go to Huddersfield for the meds you probably won't be asked

Loz x
Thanks, if you don't mind me asking how much was your medicals there will be 2 adults a 16 yearold and 13 year old and huddersfield isnt far from us
Vanessa
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:23 pm
Can't happen quick enough

David and Lynsey will become famous soon enoughDavid and Lynsey will become famous soon enough

Hi all
To try to put your mind at rest, we had heard that this was part of the medical. It was more of a case for us to lean forward after lying down on the bed before the rest of the checks. Guessing it's more to check your spine than flexibility
Good Luck
D&L
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:25 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, if you don't mind me asking how much was your medicals there will be 2 adults a 16 yearold and 13 year old and huddersfield isnt far from us
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa sorry don't know about the kids but it was £100 each for hubby and me plus £12 to post them off. We then paid £55 each for the X-rays (went to the bupa hospital at Elland cos the hospital couldn't fit us in) it's £56 each at the hospital.
The doctors were great and the meds were not as bad as we thought they would be although I had to have extra tests with a cardiologist cos they found I had high blood pressure (that cost mega bucks) but all sorted and visa granted 5 weeks after meds.
Good luck with yours

Loz x
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you even need to be able to touch your toes to get a visa does it form part of some strange Australian ritual that I need to know about before I get there??
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all
Hi all
Well had medicals last week and got results today we all passed everything ok sending them off Monday dont know why i was worrying they didnt even ask em to touch my toes.

just need a CO now then all will be well................

Vanessa
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poppett44
Why would you even need to be able to touch your toes to get a visa does it form part of some strange Australian ritual that I need to know about before I get there??
Those Aussie customs people are VERY thorough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.