Medical Problem

Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Medical Problem

Well guys i'm really down today we went for our meds last week and the doc said my hubbys blood pressure was very slightly up 150/80 she said he had to go to his own doctor and get 3 seperate readings to see how it was then. He went last frid to his own doctor who said this reading was nothing at all to be concerned about ir was very slightly over, hubbys blood pressure was 155/75 with his own doc, he went again on Monday for the second reading 160/80 and again yesterday for the 3rd reading 150/80. We faxed the results to the medical doctor today and she called my hubby to say she wasn't happy with them and Australian immigration insist for under 45's blood pressure MUST be no higher than 140/80, so she has now referred him to a cardiologist, he has an appointment tomorrow. All this and we're only going on a bloody 2 year student visa. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but if it's not good news bang goes our dream of going to OZ. We called my hubbys own doc today to say the medical doc was refferring him to a cardiologist, which he replied was ridiculous for those blood pressure readings. Has anyone else has any bother like this

Lisa
Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
sorry i don't know about those readings in relation to the medicals. however they are not unusually high.
"white coat syndrome " where the stress of going to see the dr sends the bp up, may be happening.
i am sure that the cardiologist will be fine.
i have a heart problem, but we were still accepted for ou pr visa
hope everything goes ok
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Problem

Hi,

Like Bazfer says, I'm sure that, if your hubby's GP says he is fine, then the cardiologist will agree and that will keep DIMIA happy.

I do sympathise - I went to the doctors recently and mine was 155/95. He got me to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours-I could see the readings it was taking and they were all over the place. Still the doctor said he was quite happy and I don't need any treatment - obviously he puts it down to "white coat" hypertension even when I'm wearing a monitor at home!

I'm sure mine will be high for the medicals and I'm starting to stress out even before we put the application in! I think so much rides on the medicals and it's the only bit of the process that's outside your control
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Nicstids
Hi,

Like Bazfer says, I'm sure that, if your hubby's GP says he is fine, then the cardiologist will agree and that will keep DIMIA happy.

I do sympathise - I went to the doctors recently and mine was 155/95. He got me to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours-I could see the readings it was taking and they were all over the place. Still the doctor said he was quite happy and I don't need any treatment - obviously he puts it down to "white coat" hypertension even when I'm wearing a monitor at home!

I'm sure mine will be high for the medicals and I'm starting to stress out even before we put the application in! I think so much rides on the medicals and it's the only bit of the process that's outside your control

Thanks for your replys, I am stressing too as I know how much of this process depends on the medicals, but we will see today what happens, my hubby also has to wear a monitor for 24 hours. Bazfer i'm so glad you got your PR ok, and at least if anything comes back from my hubbys tests, we still might have some hope.

Thanks

Lisa
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I had this problem too , read my thread "Been for medicals, however.........." (I'd post a link but I don't know how to!) back in 2002. I was so stressed out my BP was 150/100. I had the cardiology review, had ECG, wore the 24hr monitor which proved I was normotensive (normal blood pressure), and the subsequent cardiologist letter had to be submitted with my medicals. They of course had to go to the chief Medical Officer in Sydney and added 2 weeks onto our timeline (and £120 on the bill) but got the ok eventually and we've been here 13 months.

Even if its proved that your hubby does have hypertension, if he's placed on anti-hypertensive medication, and th BP is well controlled there should be no problem. Let us know how you get on.

Sue
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by SueandIan
Hi
I had this problem too , read my thread "Been for medicals, however.........." (I'd post a link but I don't know how to!) back in 2002. I was so stressed out my BP was 150/100. I had the cardiology review, had ECG, wore the 24hr monitor which proved I was normotensive (normal blood pressure), and the subsequent cardiologist letter had to be submitted with my medicals. They of course had to go to the chief Medical Officer in Sydney and added 2 weeks onto our timeline (and £120 on the bill) but got the ok eventually and we've been here 13 months.

Even if its proved that your hubby does have hypertension, if he's placed on anti-hypertensive medication, and th BP is well controlled there should be no problem. Let us know how you get on.

Sue

Sue,

Thanks so much for your reply, you have put my mind at rest, knowing you had the same problems and everything was ok. His tests are this afternoon so fingers crossed, nothing is going to stop us getting to Oz.

Thanks again

Lisa
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Sue,

Thanks so much for your reply, you have put my mind at rest, knowing you had the same problems and everything was ok. His tests are this afternoon so fingers crossed, nothing is going to stop us getting to Oz.

Thanks again

Lisa

I developed high blood pressure Nov 2003, it was only picked up because doctor was giving me slimming pills and she checked it.
Have had loads of other tests, blood test,ecg, the lot, was really cacking myself, I wasnt worried that I was ill, I was worried I wouldnt get past the meds,(funny how we prioritise!!)

Anyway all is fine. High BP is stress related. Hopefully will go down with the help of medication and chilling out!!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Originally posted by bazfer
hi
sorry i don't know about those readings in relation to the medicals. however they are not unusually high.
"white coat syndrome " where the stress of going to see the dr sends the bp up, may be happening.
i am sure that the cardiologist will be fine.
i have a heart problem, but we were still accepted for ou pr visa
hope everything goes ok
My wife has just had the same problem. She was fitted with a home BP measuring 'cuff' which went round her upper arm and she had to wear it for 24 hours. She went back to the cardiologist and was told that her BP was fine and she suffers from 'White Coat Syndrome'.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

My hubby had his tests done today with the cardiologist, funnily enough his blood pressure was perfect 138/80. But they have discovered he has a leaking heart valve!!! He's to go back on Monday to undergo tests and see how serious it is, they think its probably minor as he's only 31 doesn't smoke and takes pretty good care of himself. He said if this is the case then he will need to be checked out every year but it shouldn't stop our visa, it's only in later years it may affect him if he doesn't watch what he's doing. Suppose we would never have known if his blood pressure hadn't been high at the medical. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect our visa in any way.

Lisa