Medical notes

Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:59 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical notes

Just done a quick search but thought I'd ask anyway.

What's everyone's experiences of getting your notes from your GP??

I know at the very least I'm going to need the kids notes for proof of their immunisations etc for school. I'm not sure as to whether I'll get mine & the other half's as not really sure if we'll need them.

I went into the DR's surgery this morning with a written request for them and to ask how much it would all be. I was told it would depend on how thick our notes were but generally they charge £10 per person..
.......that's gonna be £50 :scared: :scared:

Anyone else had to pay this much?????

Petra
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical notes

We got ours for a tenner each but don't really think we needed them as we don't have any illness history really. They are dumped in a box somewhere.

The kids immunisation records should be in their red books, unless you've chucked them in the mad clear out
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:13 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
We got ours for a tenner each but don't really think we needed them as we don't have any illness history really. They are dumped in a box somewhere.

The kids immunisation records should be in their red books, unless you've chucked them in the mad clear out
hiya Hevs!

I have my youngest two's books....& FWIW one's red the other's green!!! BUT I have nothing for my eldest (he's 15) as I don't recall there being red books then...

Will the 2 books I have be enough proof for the schools then???
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We had to take our red books to the council who then check em out and hummphh around a bit then give you a certificate saying that your kids jabs are up to date. You then present this to the school.

This was for primary so don't knoe re your grumpy eldest, sorry
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:23 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by hevs
We had to take our red books to the council who then check em out and hummphh around a bit then give you a certificate saying that your kids jabs are up to date. You then present this to the school.

This was for primary so don't knoe re your grumpy eldest, sorry

oki dokes...cheers H

just had a thought.....I know I still have the books.....but WHERE exactly??? Failing that I'll just get proof of their jabs from the gp on headed paper or something.

BTW - Grumpy eldest has mellowed a bit.... if he didn't I would've had to severely maim him...
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:27 am
High in the Dandenongs

Yes, that'll be fine i should think.
As for the rampant teenager, tell him he's got to go for booster shots cos you can't find his records that'll sort him
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am just getting copys of my medical notes it will take 24 hours for them to do them and it goin to cost me £50 and i got my sons to get as well

willow
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £10 each too.

My sons books were blue

Got full medical records but as no-one has been very ill I don't think they are really necessary.

The summary sheet the docs keep is useful to quickly check dates though.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Petra,
The receptionist at my GP, just printed out a copy of the kids jabs whilst I waited. Took 5 minutes and didnt cost a penny.
But they have never been asked for them........