medical info

Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:01 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical info

hi
if anyone can help it would be great
a bit of a silly one to most of you but.............

...got medicals soon and need to know does the docs have kids immunisation info on their medicla records?
also i had a hysterechtomy 18 mths ago not through illness but unbearable periods, do i still need the relevant info and do i get that from the hospital or the doctors?
also hubby has had the snip does he have to have info on that

thanks anyone

jan xx
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical info

Originally Posted by robos
hi

...got medicals soon and need to know does the docs have kids immunisation info on their medicla records?
also i had a hysterechtomy 18 mths ago not through illness but unbearable periods, do i still need the relevant info and do i get that from the hospital or the doctors?

thanks anyone

jan xx

Hi Jan
I'm a trainee doctor (ie medical student)....here'e my two cents worth.
1. immunisations - your gp should be able to provide a printout. It's not a bother tho. immunisations are not "the law" in Oz (search on other threads here - you can be a conscientious objector should you wish....for objectivity, I can confirm that I believe in immunisations )
2. Hysterectomy. Your sentence above summarises the situation.
3. Snip - again, no real detail will be needed.

(I say "trainee doctor" cos Im sick of people saying that's nice, what will u be when u finish your course? Is that like nursing?!)

Good luck with it
E
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:16 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

so what will you do when you finish your training then ( lol )
sorry couldnt resist

thanks for the help

jan xx
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:23 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

do a three day course and be a part P sparky.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:46 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hi

thanks anyone

jan xx
if you dont have the info in the red books & would go to docs ASAP about it as when we had our meds last wednesday the first thing the doctor asked to see when we arrived were the kids red books...!
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:57 pm
one day rodders !!!

will do thanks claire

my kids are too old for red books we didnt have them when they were babies

its gone posh nowadays we had a piece of card but unfortunately we have moved so many times i have lost them all

thanks

jan xx
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:30 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: medical info

hi

thanks anyone

jan xx
I have just filled in all of our Medical forms (0ne form for each applicant) for when we have the medicals on the 16th. It does not ask for any proof of what you have had done etc. It does have a question and answer part and asks if you have had any operations or been admitted to hospital and you just state the reason.

They have asked us to take passports along as proof of who we are. If any family member where's glass' then make sure you take them too.

R.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:35 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

thanks anyone

jan xx
If you've had problems and they solved keep saying that and it's fine but they still have option of requesting you have more tests if they think it is still a problem.

We took our opticians examination sheet but Doc still did the put glasses on and read letters bit.

Men and boys don't forget they check your bits physically, can be shock for teenage boys who may not have had this done.

Immunisations think he checked we'd had and think there was space on med sheet for which ones you've had, but not such a big deal as they are checking your bloods for all sorts they want to check for.

Xrays you pay a fortune for then they tell you sod all even though you are the purchaser.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:16 pm
one day rodders !!!

these doctors doing medicals are as inconsistant as football referees

thanks for all your input with all the different information i am well prepared for any situation

thanks

jan xx
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:10 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Like footy they give red cards to people who have done nowt and it cost the person more precious dosh to sort out a problem that turns out not to be a problem... Lacey 21 had that happen to her.