British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Medical costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medical-costs-293527/)

Steve2438 Mar 31st 2005 4:30 pm

Medical costs

Phoned around today for costs of the medical for a family of 4

Chichester

Adult £85.00 each + £25.00 per blood test
Children £50.00 each
+ £45.00 per X-ray total £500.00

Horley(Gatwick)

£500.00 all in

do you think they have been talking to each other?

:)

teach Mar 31st 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Medical costs

Originally Posted by Steve2438

Chichester

Children £50.00 each

Horley(Gatwick)

£500.00 all in

We also had to pay a councelling fee just in case something cropped up in blood tests, they get you every which way don't they?
Sarah

Steve2438 Mar 31st 2005 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by teach
We also had to pay a councelling fee just in case something cropped up in blood tests, they get you every which way don't they?
Sarah

I think you are right sarah we haven't booked as yet but the one in Gatwick is (abit) busy next week but can get you in the following week...

island.girl Mar 31st 2005 5:21 pm

we also have been qouted £500 for myself my husband and our 1year old daughter thats excluding travel off the island to get there! all the money spent it will be worth it when were there!!

neil.b Mar 31st 2005 5:33 pm

Chichester

Children £50.00 each

Horley(Gatwick)

£500.00 all in

Steve, we have rung a few in the shropshire/west mids area and they were all about £500 for our family of 4. Looks like its the going rate.

Neil

CrazyCanuck Mar 31st 2005 5:34 pm

In Canada the panel doctor charges are about the same, accounting for exchange rates. Blood and x-ray are done by independent labs, so they charge their normal rates, which are lower than what you were quoted. I suspect these panel doctors make quite a good living!

Steve2438 Mar 31st 2005 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by neil.b
Steve, we have rung a few in the shropshire/west mids area and they were all about £500 for our family of 4. Looks like its the going rate.

Neil

Thanks Neil as we live in between most of the south of england medical sites,i thought "never know" might get it cheaper somewhere else...silly me,i forgot its a payme game :)

neil.b Mar 31st 2005 5:47 pm

Thanks Neil as we live in between most of the south of england medical sites,i thought "never know" might get it cheaper somewhere else...silly me,i forgot its a payme game :)

or maybe a fleece you all game. :scared:

wmoore Mar 31st 2005 6:19 pm

Just booked mine today in Middlesbrough. X-rays are £50 each, meds £108 each plus 'up to' £35 each depending on what blood tests we need.

neil.b Mar 31st 2005 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
Just booked mine today in Middlesbrough. X-rays are £50 each, meds £108 each plus 'up to' £35 each depending on what blood tests we need.

I enquired as to the extra blood tests, to cover for tattoo's etc. The practice manager read the quote from DIMIA to me over the phone. Apparantly the extra test is only required if it is evident that the tattoo is new or there are signs of present or past cinfection in the area of the tattoo.

Neil

wmoore Mar 31st 2005 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by neil.b
I enquired as to the extra blood tests, to cover for tattoo's etc. The practice manager read the quote from DIMIA to me over the phone. Apparantly the extra test is only required if it is evident that the tattoo is new or there are signs of present or past cinfection in the area of the tattoo.

Neil

That's OK then. My last tattoo was done before I started secondary school :o