Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medical conditions that have not prevented visa

medical conditions that have not prevented visa

Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default medical conditions that have not prevented visa

For those of us who are still in the process of application I wanted to start this thread to help us through (as most of us are going through mental turmoil).

I know this serves no purpose but please humour me.

Can you please post about medical conditions that have not ending up posing a problem to your visa being granted, although you thought they may have done. Or medical conditions that have not caused concern at your medical.

Obviously anyone who reads this must not get their hopes up as all cases are individual.

I'll go first!

I had gestational diabetes and my sugar levels are often high in my urine. Doc said this was fine and I passed my medical. Just need that visa now.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: medical conditions that have not prevented visa

Had several (10 or so) operations on one of my ears including replacing the middle one of the three ear bones with a plastic one and rebuilding up the cartilege that was being eaten away by a disease. Last operation was 12 years ago and things seems all ok now.

Discussed it with the panel doctor and wrote "middle ear operations" on my medical form and about it being > 10 years ago. Thought they might query it, but no query and passed the medical.

While a long time ago, was still a little worried.

hth

alex
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

BillyGoatGruff is an unknown quantity at this point

my blood pressure was sky high (no wonder!) when we went for our medicals. doc recommended that i get my GP to do an ECG and monitor the blood pressure for a couple of weeks. it was up and down throughout, but all got submitted and then was back in about 4 weeks (including christmas!)
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JonMills
my blood pressure was sky high (no wonder!) when we went for our medicals. doc recommended that i get my GP to do an ECG and monitor the blood pressure for a couple of weeks. it was up and down throughout, but all got submitted and then was back in about 4 weeks (including christmas!)
thanks, did you get your visa?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ali south
thanks, did you get your visa?

yep. no conditions nor nothing. that was a skilled independent permanent resident one - we've been here 2 years tomorrow (sat).

My first morning in Oz was when they beat england at the damned football. Grrrrr
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

i do understand we're your coming from though. for me at least the medical was the first point at which the migration process has become subjective - before that it was just points,points, points (there could never have been any argument about the skills assessment) - so it was a new bit of extra stress for the situation..
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi, Although I suffer with high blood pressure, I still got my visa, otherwise I wouldnt be nere now!!!
Seriously, two conditions which make it difficult is being diagnosed with HIV and suffering with cancer. Although if you are clear of the latter for xxxx amount of years then I think you'll be ok.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Hi, Although I suffer with high blood pressure, I still got my visa, otherwise I wouldnt be nere now!!!
Seriously, two conditions which make it difficult is being diagnosed with HIV and suffering with cancer. Although if you are clear of the latter for xxxx amount of years then I think you'll be ok.
Thanks everyone
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

jurassic spark is an unknown quantity at this point

"Can you please post about medical conditions that have not ending up posing a problem to your visa being granted, although you thought they may have done. Or medical conditions that have not caused concern at your medical."

Wife has hypothyroidism,
I had sky high blood pressure, have had extensive spinal surgery following an accident that has left steels rods in my back and failed the eye test at the examination.
Visa granted last week, no conditions, skilled independant .
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: medical conditions that have not prevented visa

For those of us who are still in the process of application I wanted to start this thread to help us through (as most of us are going through mental turmoil).

Can you please post about medical conditions that have not ending up posing a problem to your visa being granted, although you thought they may have done. Or medical conditions that have not caused concern at your medical.

Obviously anyone who reads this must not get their hopes up as all cases are individual.

I'll go first!

I had gestational diabetes and my sugar levels are often high in my urine. Doc said this was fine and I passed my medical. Just need that visa now.
Hi, Have an 8year old daughter with insulin dependent diabetes (needs shots). Your doctor didn't happen to mention if this would have resulted in failing the medical?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:29 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I'll go first!

Quite a long list,

I have had bad smear tests and had to have laser treatment followed by a 2 week spell in hospital putting right a cut blood vesell that wouldn't stop bleeding,

I have had a lump removed from my breast,

I was having a severe ear infection treated at the time (still being treated)

IBS still being investigated having had 2 yrs of taking losec (stopped taking losec 4 yrs ago)

psorisis and exzema

irregular heart beat, put right by 3 yrs of taking verapamil

I am 27 yrs old but it was all deemed as irrevelant as most had been during my adolescent years

Cheers
Kala
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Quite a long list,

I have had bad smear tests and had to have laser treatment followed by a 2 week spell in hospital putting right a cut blood vesell that wouldn't stop bleeding,

I have had a lump removed from my breast,

I was having a severe ear infection treated at the time (still being treated)

IBS still being investigated having had 2 yrs of taking losec (stopped taking losec 4 yrs ago)

psorisis and exzema

irregular heart beat, put right by 3 yrs of taking verapamil

I am 27 yrs old but it was all deemed as irrevelant as most had been during my adolescent years

Cheers
Kala
wow
thanks
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by klmar
Hi, Have an 8year old daughter with insulin dependent diabetes (needs shots). Your doctor didn't happen to mention if this would have resulted in failing the medical?
I do not know, but someone else on the forum had a child with epilepsy controlled by drugs and they were ok
sorry I cannot help
Tara
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

heading_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not know, but someone else on the forum had a child with epilepsy controlled by drugs and they were ok
sorry I cannot help
Tara
I was discovered to have scarring on my lungs as a result of the chest x-ray. I was asked to have a second x-ray. Then I was told that I would have to sign a health undertaking as a condition of getting my visa. But at least this was not an outright refusal. Now, after being requested to do so, I'm just about to lodge my $100K bond money and hopefully I'll be granted my visa soon.