Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical condition - affect application?

Medical condition - affect application?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:37 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Default Medical condition - affect application?

Hi all

I'm about to apply for the skilled designated area sponsored category with my partner, and have been holding off going to see the doctor because of knee pain I've been having (due to a skiing accident), as I'm scared it will affect the result of my medical.

If I go and visit a doctor about this, does anyone know if this will affect the application?

I don't know how stringent the medicals are, and don't want to be denied a visa because of this!

Many thanks
L
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical condition - affect application?

With our meds there was no examination on your knees/legs so don't think you will have a problem. Good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:29 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljk888
Hi all

I'm about to apply for the skilled designated area sponsored category with my partner, and have been holding off going to see the doctor because of knee pain I've been having (due to a skiing accident), as I'm scared it will affect the result of my medical.

If I go and visit a doctor about this, does anyone know if this will affect the application?

I don't know how stringent the medicals are, and don't want to be denied a visa because of this!

Many thanks
L
Personally I'd get it checked out by GP. Firstly DIMIA are more bothered about TB and contagious diseases than things like knee probs that can be sorted. Secondly, I have a very bad knee, I suffered with a knee problem while I was growing up and all docs put it down to growing pains, no-one took into account I played ice-hockey! 9 years later, after seeing god knows how many docs and alternative practitioners I got sent for an MRI scan which revealed I had damaged the bone in my knee that acts like a shock absorber, this is a very commen injury and quite possible you've done the same thing, I probably did it playing ice-hockey. Anyway I had a partial menisectomy, was off work a week with crutches and that was it, or atleast it should've been...the op was 2 years ago and I now have constant pain, I struggle standing if I've been sat a while and getting out of bed is as if I'm 100 years old (I'm only 24). Yesterday we found out that my common peroneal nerve is probably damaged, this can be sorted with more keyhole surgery. It is possible my nerve was damaged due to not having the op straight away, or it could've been nudged during my first lot of surgery causing damage as it would've been weaker due to my injury. For this reason alone I think you could get it checked straight away, as with me, more damage can be done without realising. That and it could be nothing, in which case your mind is at rest and DIMIA don't need to know. If there is something wrong you must declare it, they won't decline your app over something that can be solved, and probably soved whilst still in the UK.
Sorry if I've babbled,
Marie
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:22 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karenjc
With our meds there was no examination on your knees/legs so don't think you will have a problem. Good luck
Hi Karen,
Our panel doctor spent ages checking joints and movement in arms and legs. Now we've got through it all, it makes me laugh . DIMIA want you to jump through hoops to get visa yet the way the panel doctors carry out meds varies so much.
Sarah
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:09 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone for all your help! I'll think I'll probably get it checked out - thanks for the advice Marie, and hope I get a nice panel doctor...

Laura
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:53 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ljk888
Thanks everyone for all your help! I'll think I'll probably get it checked out - thanks for the advice Marie, and hope I get a nice panel doctor...

Laura
my father in law was still in hospital after having major surgery on his stomach
when he went for his medical was given clean bill of health with only quarter of a stomach
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:52 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
my father in law was still in hospital after having major surgery on his stomach
when he went for his medical was given clean bill of health with only quarter of a stomach
I was also checked on the joints etc, Looks like Dimia need to get all the DR's working to the same medical