Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical Appointment.

Medical Appointment.

Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Appointment.

When phoning for an appointment for your Medicals how long do you have to wait for an appointment. Is it days, weeks or months. Our Visa was sent about a month ago. I know it's abit early but if i had to wait months for an appointment i was going to ring a make it now. The police check form i have filled in part 1 and 2 not 3 , and that takes about 40 days to come back is that right. Is it best to send police check off the same day medicals are done or before. OOhh i'm from the West Midlands if that helps.

Any help would be much appreciated

Stacey xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Apr 25th 2006 at 10:48 am.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Appointment.

You will have to call your local panel doctor and find out how long the wait is as they are all different.Probably wise to wait a few months before you do either the medicals or the police checks as you have 12 months to validate your visa from the date of medical or police check (whichever is dated the earliest).
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:52 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Suppose it depends where you live, ours up in the Borders of Scotland was only a couple of weeks wait but may well be more in the Cities.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:54 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Medical Appointment.

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
When phoning for an appointment for your Medicals how long do you have to wait for an appointment. Is it days, weeks or months. Our Visa was sent about a month ago. I know it's abit early but if i had to wait months for an appointment i was going to ring a make it now. The police check form i have filled in part 1 and 2 not 3 , and that takes about 40 days to come back is that right. Is it best to send police check off the same day medicals are done or before. OOhh i'm from the West Midlands if that helps.

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey, We booked ours and had to wait a month and a half to get in locally, but theres a place in Handsworth Wood that had available appts all the time when I rang them, and they xray facilities on site too!

We have got ours next friday :scared: but main app was lodged in Jan so hopefully we,ll get a CO at about the same time.

Hope this helps.

xRachx

p.s looking forward to the meet!!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:57 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx
1. depends on how busy your docs is, may be days or a couple of weeks.
2.police checks take MAXIMUM 40 days by law, mine took 45 days, the missus took 1 and a half w3eeks, i had morer conv if that makes any diff.

3. are you looking at front loading, if not then wait a while, check out peoples timelines on austimelime.com and see when they sent away things and you will get a feel of when to do it.

We front ooaded ours as we went travelling for 6 months and was told that there have been cases of them getting lost/misplaced etc but ouyrs arrived and everything went smoothyly. You only have to front load in certain circumstances like ours oir if time is of the essence(40th birthday eyc in 6 months losing you 5 points,etc etc etc.)

good luck

alk
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Phone up the place where you will be having yours done and ask them how long the average wait for an appointment is.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
Phone up the place where you will be having yours done and ask them how long the average wait for an appointment is.
I have seen a thread on here with all places that you can have your medicals done, but can't find it can any one point me in the right direction.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen a thread on here with all places that you can have your medicals done, but can't find it can any one point me in the right direction.

Stacey xx
http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:21 pm

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx
Have e'mailed you the list.

xRachx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stacey,
we were really lucky, I rang the doctors and had an appointment within 9 days!!!

Good Luck
xx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi Stacey, We booked ours and had to wait a month and a half to get in locally, but theres a place in Handsworth Wood that had available appts all the time when I rang them, and they xray facilities on site too!

We have got ours next friday :scared: but main app was lodged in Jan so hopefully we,ll get a CO at about the same time.

Hope this helps.

xRachx

p.s looking forward to the meet!!!
Phoned Handsworth Wood they could get me in on the 18th May.. So i am going to hang on a few more months. She did mention which i didn't under stand that i had to have certain forms before i could book a medical. Do you know what forms she meant?

Looking forward to the meet as well!!!!!!

Stacey xx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Phoned Handsworth Wood they could get me in on the 18th May.. So i am going to hang on a few more months. She did mention which i didn't under stand that i had to have certain forms before i could book a medical. Do you know what forms she meant?

Stacey xx

These ones

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/160.pdf

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/26.pdf
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:40 pm

Stacey xx
Hi, Its form 160 for the xray and form 26 for the medicals.

you can find them here. http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
(they are at the bottom of the page) Happy filling in

xRachx
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Can you just print these off & use these or do you have to wait to be sent them when instructed to book medicals?
Also, is there a different form for the kids medicals or is it form 26

Thanks
Leigh
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Can you just print these off & use these or do you have to wait to be sent them when instructed to book medicals?
Also, is there a different form for the kids medicals or is it form 26

Thanks
Leigh
You can print them off.

xRachx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.