medical

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:04 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical

We had our medicals today, after a week-end of bricking ourselves because we had the x-rays done on Thursday and then given the results in a sealed envelope as we had to give it to the doctor today.

After all the stress we were all ok. We went to Bath, doctor was very nice and the whole family was seen together (me, the wife and two kids 2 1/2 and 8 months), which made it a lot easier - and yes I did the cough test but fully clothed, even the wife and my 2 1/2 year old had to do it!

All in all it only took an hour for all of us and £340.00 lighter.

Neither of us are worriers, however, if we had to do it again we would have gone to Birmingham or somewhere else where you get eeverythingdone on the same day.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:22 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medical

Glad it went well, another step closer!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:26 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

yeah, i know everyone says it but they're really not as bad as you imagine them to be are they, good luck x loidy
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

just wondering if u could help me out .. my husband has just being told he has an irregular heart beat .. do they ask u abt any medical history or do they just do their own test .. we are just waiting to be sent for the medicals..

Originally Posted by wargod
We had our medicals today, after a week-end of bricking ourselves because we had the x-rays done on Thursday and then given the results in a sealed envelope as we had to give it to the doctor today.

After all the stress we were all ok. We went to Bath, doctor was very nice and the whole family was seen together (me, the wife and two kids 2 1/2 and 8 months), which made it a lot easier - and yes I did the cough test but fully clothed, even the wife and my 2 1/2 year old had to do it!

Neither of us are worriers, however, if we had to do it again we would have gone to Birmingham or somewhere else where you get eeverythingdone on the same day.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:57 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you go to the Pountney Clinic in Bathampton? Hope you saw a different doctor to us - the one who did our dd's medical couldn't have been more disinterested if he'd tried!!! He also had us in 25 minutes early - not good when you are tanking up a 7yo for a urine sample!!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
just wondering if u could help me out .. my husband has just being told he has an irregular heart beat .. do they ask u abt any medical history or do they just do their own test .. we are just waiting to be sent for the medicals..
We werent asked anything about medical history although they obviously have Xrays and the Dr listens to your heart and takes your BP.

As many others have said on here the medicals are through but nothing to be scared of.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:12 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad it went well, another step closer!
Ta !!

And we celebrated by having a big mac large fries and a choccy thick shake !!!

Diet starts again tomorrow
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:15 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Did you go to the Pountney Clinic in Bathampton? Hope you saw a different doctor to us - the one who did our dd's medical couldn't have been more disinterested if he'd tried!!! He also had us in 25 minutes early - not good when you are tanking up a 7yo for a urine sample!!
Yup Bathampton clinic - Dr's initials were RR, seemed a nice enough chap. Clinical, professional but nice enough. Athough it did make me smile when i tried to pay with credit card - to which i got oh, you'll have to pop next door and they can take the payment.

The 19th Century will start later this year in Bathampton
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:16 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: medical

What does the doctor hold when he asks a women to cough..????

I know it sounds like the start of a great joke, but I just wondered....

CORKER
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:18 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup Bathampton clinic - Dr's initials were RR, seemed a nice enough chap. Clinical, professional but nice enough. Athough it did make me smile when i tried to pay with credit card - to which i got oh, you'll have to pop next door and they can take the payment.

The 19th Century will start later this year in Bathampton
ROFLMHO!! KWYM!!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:20 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by CORKER
What does the doctor hold when he asks a women to cough..????

I know it sounds like the start of a great joke, but I just wondered....

CORKER
Must admit made us smile too - basically he just presses down on your 'lower hip' area you cough and he says and now this side, then smiles and takes your blood pressure!!

There was no 'cupping' or 'holding' although when he was doing my wifes eye test i was opposite her pulling faces trying to get her to laugh - didn't work, miserable moo
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Ta !!

And we celebrated by having a big mac large fries and a choccy thick shake !!!

Diet starts again tomorrow
We did something like that too One more hurdle out the way eh?