Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Med Question - Ladies

Med Question - Ladies

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Med Question - Ladies

Hi

has anyone had their med done recently?

What did it involve - clothes off, foot scraping, boob feeling?

Where did you have it done?

Thanks for your help!:scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Med Question - Ladies

Originally posted by gdcollectables
foot scraping
What is this test for??

Karen
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hi

Had mine done in Oxford before xmas, yes to boob feeling and foot scraping and hammer on the knee etc etc, I was down to my underwear then the bra came off of course for the boob feel! All okay though and was asked if I wanted a chaparone, so do have one if you want one. I must admit I felt completely comfortable with the doctor and didn't have a chaparone, but boyfriend was just outside so would have screamed bloody murder should anything have happend

Don't worry it will be fine

Nat
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Karen

it's to test your neurological responses, some of the panel drs do it, some don't!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen

it's to test your neurological responses, some of the panel drs do it, some don't!
Thanks, I thought it might be some weird test I'd not
heard of for athlete's foot or something!!!!

Karen
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like what the Footy Players have been up to out here in Aus.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:07 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

see the 'Meds and how easy they are' thread posted recently.

Good Luck

ps just the first post!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Arnie,

thanks for that! Have already read that post!

I'm actually interested in having a medical without the boob feeling exercise!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

KathDore is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading this post with interest - my daughter who is 14 is very concerned (and so am I) . does anyone know if she will have to strip down to her undies (as she is saying definate no no!!) and do you think she will have to have a boob examination. i know she needs a chest x-ray but she can keep her bra on for that (cant she??)

Oh nightmare, she's stressed out about this bit and I dont want to worry her or else I have an awful feeling that doctors gonna have a black eye:scared:

Kath
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

had the med's done in Feb, boob feel, blood samples, groin feel and stuff, none too embarrasing, had my Husband in the room with me though as am hugely phobic of needles!

Dr in Oxford was lovely!

Josie
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KathDore
Reading this post with interest - my daughter who is 14 is very concerned (and so am I) . does anyone know if she will have to strip down to her undies (as she is saying definate no no!!) and do you think she will have to have a boob examination. i know she needs a chest x-ray but she can keep her bra on for that (cant she??)

Oh nightmare, she's stressed out about this bit and I dont want to worry her or else I have an awful feeling that doctors gonna have a black eye:scared:

Kath

an underwire bra would interfere with the xray - dunno if they would let you even with softcups....
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sims4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KathDore

Kath
Hi Kath,

I'm pretty sure that I have read on here somewhere of someone having a chest x-ray whilst wearing a top. They had to remove their bra (bacause of the metal in the hooks and eyes). I'm not sure if they were just lucky with their doc but make sure your daughter wears a top with no metal and you never know.

I think it very likely that she will have to have her breasts checked perhaps you can convince her to look at it as a demonstration of how she should check herself.

Poor kid, I must admit to not looking forward toi this bit myself and we're only just about to lodge our TRA!

It is the last hurdle for you guys!

Good luck

Sims
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

My 17 year old had boobs felt and as for xray no bra but they gave you a gown which you wore and didn't have to take off.

When you book the medicals why don't you ask if your daughter needs this done.

Mandy
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:05 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

If someone told me when I was a teenager that I would have to have my boobs felt, I would have died after I punched them. Up until recently I still felt the same, then I found a lump, which thankfully turned out to be fatty tissue. I was examined by two very nice male doctors who put me completely at ease, they did offer me a female doctor but the wait was an hour. You might be able to request that a female nurse does the examination which is what I did at first in the doctors.
I hope that the medical doesn't cause too much stress for your daughter, remind her the sooner it gets done the sooner she will be on the beach topping up her tan.
Hope it all goes well.
Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi
Had my med done last year at a doc's surgery in St.Albans. Herts & my chest X-ray at St. Albans hospital.

I must have got off lightly as didn't have to strip to my undies, have my boobs felt or my feet scrapped.

I was asked questions about my health, had an eye test which involved reading letters off the wall chart & reading a few sentences from a page, touching my toes (the doc was quite impressed by my flexibility - not bad for a thirty-something) & the doc looked at my ears. All basic non-embarrassing stuff...

Took my bra off for the X-ray but wore a hospital gown.

It was nothing to worry about at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.