Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mechanical Engineer -Does my qualification need assessing Aus ???

Mechanical Engineer -Does my qualification need assessing Aus ???

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Question Mechanical Engineer -Does my qualification need assessing Aus ???

Hi,

I validated my PR visa on 29th July. When i went to register for things, the forms are asking whether your qualification assesed in Aus ?

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and my qualification was assesed by Engineers Australia. So no worries about that assesing the qualification is it ?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Does my qualification assesed in Aus ???

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

I validated my PR visa on 29th July. When i went to register for things, the forms are asking whether your qualification assesed in Aus ?

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and my qualification was assesed by Engineers Australia. So no worries about that assesing the qualification is it ?
Register for what things??, if you can elaborate on things then people can comment..
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
Register for what things??, if you can elaborate on things then people can comment..
I registered in a office here in Dandenong which helps migrants to find jobs. The form which i have to fill there had this question asked ?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by muditha
I registered in a office here in Dandenong which helps migrants to find jobs. The form which i have to fill there had this question asked ?
Yeah, no worries about the assesment, i think this question is for certian occupations which require prior assesment before you can practice the job in australia like medicne and dentistry..
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanx.

Yeah, no worries about the assesment, i think this question is for certian occupations which require prior assesment before you can practice the job in australia like medicne and dentistry..
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Also can apply to things like carpentry, bricklaying, nursing, Aussie licensing requirements are numerous and can also depend on which State you are in,

Muditha, I'll move this to the main forum as there are more posters there who are already in Aus, and are familiar with local assessment needs.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanx Poly.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Also can apply to things like carpentry, bricklaying, nursing, Aussie licensing requirements are numerous and can also depend on which State you are in,

Muditha, I'll move this to the main forum as there are more posters there who are already in Aus, and are familiar with local assessment needs.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all
Default Re: Mechanical Engineer -Does my qualification need assessing Aus ???

You might want to join Engineers Australia. This will allow you to use the post nominals of GIEAust or MIEAust dependent on how long you have been qualified and your work experience. This will allow Australian Employers to see that your qualifications are recognised. This is not a statutory requirement but if you want to progress and become a Chartered Engineer / Registered Engineer this is something that you will have to do at some point. Have a look on their website. The assessment by Engineers Australia is just for the purposes of gaining the visa.
KJJ