Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mean or what!!!!!!!

mean or what!!!!!!!

Old Jan 13th 2003, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mean or what!!!!!!!

im taking this opportunity to have a really good moan about my local mean health centre, all i asked was for a print out of my childrens vaccinations, ready for our medicals on friday. they were not too happy to do this, but said they would, ive just been to collect the one piece of printed paper..!!!!!! and they wanted £20, i think this is so spiteful, then they wonder why so many of us want to emmigrate. miserable ******* BLEEP BLEEP*****
Old Jan 13th 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point

will get you ready for oz - the cost of health care is high and don't expect anything for nothing !
Old Jan 13th 2003, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mean or what!!!!!!!

Originally posted by andie
im taking this opportunity to have a really good moan about my local mean health centre, all i asked was for a print out of my childrens vaccinations, ready for our medicals on friday. they were not too happy to do this, but said they would, ive just been to collect the one piece of printed paper..!!!!!! and they wanted £20, i think this is so spiteful, then they wonder why so many of us want to emmigrate. miserable ******* BLEEP BLEEP*****
This truly is mean. I got a photocopy of the whole of my medical file to take with me to the medical for absolutely nothing! This surprised me as the Receptionists at my doctor's surgery are pretty fierce.

Lizzie
Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need a copy of your medical records, or did you get them photocopied just in case?
Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

jerome.pearce is an unknown quantity at this point

In Oz, just about every time you turn around, someone wants a cut! The main difference here is that most government departments charge for even minor bureaucracy.

Oh, and yes, DO keep the originals of EVERYTHING, and only give certified copies if you can. Yo will need them for some time.

Jerome
Old Jan 14th 2003, 2:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Do not delude yourself there are Admin charges in Australia for everything you can think of and health costs here also get used it , do not get me started on bank charges here Ned Kelly is still a national hero because of them .
You are in for a few eye openers I've even admin charges on admin charges , the whole country is a haven for paper pushers.

Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
Do you need a copy of your medical records, or did you get them photocopied just in case?
No, I had cervical cancer 10 years ago for which I had surgery so I took all my notes along just to clarify this situation and prove that I was now "in the clear". The doctor didn't actually look at them but just in case it would have saved time if checks had to be made.

Lizzie