Wikiposts

Me last post

Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me last post

Originally posted by Ceri
Bye bye Pommie Bastard... I'm going miss seeing that little furry bear picture.
And all this time I thought it was an Orangutan
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
And all this time I thought it was an Orangutan
So did I !. Cheers PB & good luck. This forum will not be the same without you. Keep posting when you get back.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
To decry the land of your birth only belittles yourself , the Aussies love to rubbish the UK but what have they got or done thats so great , a few days better weather is bugger all to shout about.
Before I wish you all the best for the future, I have to take issue with you on the above comment.

Many of us are very patriotic towards our Country. I love my Country and its whats happening to it that is forcing many of us to decide the future for our own children is better elsewhere.

Criticism of ones Country is not a belittling gesture, more like a helplessness in not having the power to do anything about it.

There, had to try a put you right on that...so now safe journey and all the best, Kinver will seem so different for you.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Winston Churchill, Oliver Cromwell, Charles Darwin, Elizabeth I, Horatio Nelson, Isaac Newton, William Shakespeare, William Blake, Michael Faraday, Thomas Paine, Charlie Chaplin, Agatha Christie, George Orwell, Anne Bronte, Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Jane Austen, George Eliot, Henry Purcell, Charles Dickens, Christopher Marlowe, Geoffrey Chaucer, Clemet Attlee, WH Auden, Jeremy Bentham, Francis Bacon, Dan Leno, Rupert Brooke, Robert Browning, Lewis Carroll, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Lord Byron, James Cook, EM Forster, Robert Graves, Thomas Gray, Thomas Hobbes, Aldous Huxley, Samuel Johnson, John Keats, DH Lawrence, John Stuart Mill, John Milton, Robert Peel, Samuel Pepys, Wilfred Owen, Alexander Pope, John Ruskin, Siegfried Sassoon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Christina Rossetti, Mary Shelley, Percy Shelley, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Anthony Trollope, Queen Victoria, Frank Whittle, Mary Wollstonecraft, Virginia Woolf, HG Wells, William Wordsworth, Christopher Wren.

As you say, it is about the people.
All the best
Wilf
People from the past, when the Country was Great, come back to the present Wilf and wake up!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

Dear Mr. Barstard,

Best of luck with your new life in the UK.

Please stay with us when you get back and tell us how you feel about the UK after having been away for so many years.

Hopefully you might call yourself 'Aussie Barstard' and keep us entertained.

Despite some differences of opinion with various personalities I think many people on this forum did learn quite a bit from you about Australia before they moved there. Quite a few probably even modified their expectations about 'the new country' and that my freind is not a bad thing!

Looking forward to your news when you get home.......keep up the good work!

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

we will expect your many positive posts about your new country on britishREpats.com. You could tell Oz travellers about all the great things to do and see in blighty. All the very best mr. bastard, you will be missed. Your input was sometimes whitty, often sarcastic but always informed. Have a happy life

Doub
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

keith (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck for the future PB! May the force be with you.

Keith.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:24 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

See ya, keep posting.....please! It's fun to hear your side of things
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck PB, hope the UK suits you better than Oz......

And now, a moment's silence as we think of the residents of Kinver, which has been rumoured to be the destination of Mr PB - it was always such a peaceful village - how will they cope with a celebrity in their midst?
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Good luck PB.

You've been a obnoxious pain in the arse BUT you have posted some useful stuff and tempered peoples views.

Hope you get what you want in the UK or can we look forward to "Lousy Railtrack", "Third World Health Service" and "Breakdown of law and order".

Anyways hope all goes well.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I can't see this being your last post PB! I am sure you will be posting as often as before when you get your internet set up in England.

PLease. please, please don't start cutting and pasting 'The Sun' that would be more than we can take!!

Good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Off to the Pomland soon it will be a shock weather wise I mean its hailing and blowing 120km winds in sunny Perth today so the horrible British Summer will take some getting used too.
Never been on a forum ever before so I was a virgin to this game and now become a worn out old hag ,I do think this site is great for the new refugees as they can ask what they may and hopefully find a half right answer .
Must say that I find the goals of a few very hard to work out , I was a naive Pom but nowhere as Aussie Happy as the dreamers on here .
The best advice I give anyone wanting to make a new life is why is your old one so bad is it lack of good friends , a job you like or lack of a beach .
To decry the land of your birth only belittles yourself , the Aussies love to rubbish the UK but what have they got or done thats so great , a few days better weather is bugger all to shout about.
The young Aussies see their future in far off lands and flock to London as the new refugees board the dreamland express , I was talking to a well spoken young Pom at the airport today he was going to back to the UK and he was full of life and ambition , very rarely found in the dead head youths in WA.
Must say I have made some very good friends here who I will miss but I have many friends in the UK and family also.
Must rush the dead loss company I work for want a bit out of me before I jump ship , so good luck to all .

Dear P.B.

You're a lost soul, you have failed once before and history is about to repeat itself,

Clinging onto a dream with nearly 6000 posts, ???

Good luck you Sir, you'll need it ...

Mark.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 1:19 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

i just join and one of the "legends" leave
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

All the best PB,

Hope all goes well for you, the UK will probably take some getting used to take your sun tan lotion. ! wish I had brought my bloody jacket its freezing here today.

Keep on posting as it will be interesting to see what you make of UK after being away for so long.

For all your previous no bull postings.

Good on ya

Chris
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Cheerio! I used to think you talked a lot of bull but I can now appreciate that SOME of what you are saying is so true.
Wish you lots of luck on your return to the UK & even if you don't post as often please come back and tell us (honestly) how you're doing & whether you make the right move etc.

Is your job up for grabs????

Loopy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.