Me last post

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Me last post

Off to the Pomland soon it will be a shock weather wise I mean its hailing and blowing 120km winds in sunny Perth today so the horrible British Summer will take some getting used too.
Never been on a forum ever before so I was a virgin to this game and now become a worn out old hag ,I do think this site is great for the new refugees as they can ask what they may and hopefully find a half right answer .
Must say that I find the goals of a few very hard to work out , I was a naive Pom but nowhere as Aussie Happy as the dreamers on here .
The best advice I give anyone wanting to make a new life is why is your old one so bad is it lack of good friends , a job you like or lack of a beach .
To decry the land of your birth only belittles yourself , the Aussies love to rubbish the UK but what have they got or done thats so great , a few days better weather is bugger all to shout about.
The young Aussies see their future in far off lands and flock to London as the new refugees board the dreamland express , I was talking to a well spoken young Pom at the airport today he was going to back to the UK and he was full of life and ambition , very rarely found in the dead head youths in WA.
Must say I have made some very good friends here who I will miss but I have many friends in the UK and family also.
Must rush the dead loss company I work for want a bit out of me before I jump ship , so good luck to all .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 22nd 2003 at 6:06 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Me last post

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Off the Pomland soon it will be a shock weather wise I mean its hailing and blowing 120km winds in sunny Perth today so the horrible British Summer will take some getting used too.
Never been on a forum ever before so I was a virgin to this game and now become a worn out old hag ,I do think this site is great for the new refugees as they can ask what they may and hopefully find a half right answer .
Must say that I find the goals of a few very hard to work out , I was a naive Pom but nowhere as Aussie Happy as the dreamers on here .
The best advice I give anyone wanting to make a new life is why is your old one so bad is it lack of good friends , a job you like or lack of a beach .
To decry the land of your birth only belittles yourself , the Aussies love to rubbish the UK but what have they got or done thats so great , a few days better weather is bugger all to shout about.
The young Aussies see their future in far off lands and flock to London as the new refugees board the dreamland express , I was talking to a well spoken young Pom at the airport today he was going to back to the UK and he was full of life and ambition , very rarely found in the dead head youths in WA.
Must say I have made some very good friends here who I will miss but I have many friends in the UK and family also.
Must rush the dead loss company I work for want a bit out of me before I jump ship , so good luck to all .

THE LAST POST

With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.

Solemn in drums thrill: Death august and royal
Signs sorrow up into immortal spheres.
There is music in the midst of desolation
And a glory that shines upon our tears.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again:
They sit no more at familiar tables at home;
They have no lot in our labor of the daytime;
They sleep beyond England's foam.

But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
felt as a wellspring that is hidden from sight,
To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
As the stars that are known to the Night.

As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain,
As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
to the end, to the end, they remain.

Laurence Binyon
(1869 - 1943)
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

farewell, bon voyage, adieu, au revior, catcha, see ya later, bye bye,

[SIZE=4]Tara me duck[SIZE=4]
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:45 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a good flight PB - and I hope those big aerospace orders come through.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

One last question. Why did you leave UK in the first place?? not being funny but you obvioulsy went to oz with some hope.

Lynn
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:55 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynn kennedy
One last question. Why did you leave UK in the first place?? not being funny but you obvioulsy went to oz with some hope.

Lynn
A good friend mislead me but thats not an excuse I was too comfortable and bored , so like a lemming came to the last on the planet that I should have.

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W.H.Auden
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

...and good luck!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

..it has been fun ;-)

enjoy the flights home and come back and post when you get to blighty

good luck

cheers

ichard
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck PB and hope that you are able to find some satisifaction with your life in the UK.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Bye bye Pommie Bastard... I'm going miss seeing that little furry bear picture.
Good luck with your new life back in Britain. You've got to post an update when you get settled back into Britain.

Have a safe journey
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

So long PB, have a good flight, say hello to Blighty for me.

I'll miss your hopelessly biased views on Australia, if nothing else it gave me something to do to relieve the boredom of work.

Paul.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
farewell, bon voyage, adieu, au revior, catcha, see ya later, bye bye,

[SIZE=4]Tara me duck[SIZE=4]

All of the above................
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:10 am
owieb

All the best Mr Bastard!

Shame I joined just as you were leaving, but your wise words will still be used as reference for many a new "refugee".

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
A good friend mislead me but thats not an excuse I was too comfortable and bored , so like a lemming came to the last on the planet that I should have.

Is he still a friend? ................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.