Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Me again ! 21mth old - stopover in Singapore or Dubai ???

Wikiposts

Me again ! 21mth old - stopover in Singapore or Dubai ???

Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:22 am
joveazey

Default Me again ! 21mth old - stopover in Singapore or Dubai ???

Hi all,

Having almost certainly decided to fly with Singapore, someone last night was telling me how lovely Dubai was Now don't know what to do ! Help !!

Jo

Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:15 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Me again ! 21mth old - stopover in Singapore or Dubai ???

Singapore any day for me, especially if you have a lady with you. We haven`t been to Dubai proper, but the airport was enough (been there 3 times so far) with all the arab sleazes drooling after my wife. No that`s not racist, just a fact. Plenty of other Muslims in other countries we`ve been to and they were very nice ppl.... but not in Dubai Airport.

Singapore was great.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Post Re: Me again ! 21mth old - stopover in Singapore or Dubai ???

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi all,

Having almost certainly decided to fly with Singapore, someone last night was telling me how lovely Dubai was Now don't know what to do ! Help !!

Jo
Sorry, totally disagree with Stormz. Dubai is one of the best places we have visited over the years, and there have been a few!!, the people were just so nice and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. We stayed there on our way to Oz in December, we had my mother with us who had never been out of the country before. She has now fallen in love with the place and says she would move there tomorrow!!

Upon our arrival at Dubai airport, at midnight, with 2 kids, the queues going throu' immigration were horendous, we thought "we're going to be here all night", then a customs official saw we had children with us and open a new line, just for those with little ones!!! can you imagine them doing that in the UK??

Had no trouble with 'leering muslims' at all, I would suggest however that when visiting the Souks women do cover up, it is after all a muslim country and therefore I think we, as visitors, should respect that. The kids had a great time, they are 4 and 6, especially Wild Wadi the waterpark. We went there on my daughter's 6th birthday and when they found out, about 20 of the staff got together and sang happy birthday to her when we were leaving.

Dubai was never a country we considered holidaying in until we had a stopover there, but I can honestly say it is so clean and welcoming I would not hesitate in recommending it.

We stayed at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel, it is so well catered for children, toddler pools, play area, kids club etc as are most of the hotels there. Well worth a visit. In fact that is where we will stopping over again on our return to Oz next month.

WHEEZY