Reload this Page >

McGimpsey Brothers Removals from Bangor, Northern Ireland

McGimpsey Brothers Removals from Bangor, Northern Ireland

Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road
Default McGimpsey Brothers Removals from Bangor, Northern Ireland

Hi Everyone

We have made contact with a removals company called McGimpsey Brothers from Bangor, Co Down in Northern Ireland. They were very friendly and helpful, and seem to be quite professional. Has anyone used them before or have any experience with them?

I would prefer to use a local company because our stuff will be in storage for a few months before it is shipped over, so I don't want it going too far away if I can avoid it.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: McGimpsey Brothers Removals from Bangor, Northern Ireland

Hi Carol,

Was in with them on Monday, they are only about 2 miles from my house. So far, they are the only shippers we have contacted but we will try a few more when the time comes. Being local we will probably use them. Did you speak to a girl called Janice?

How's your plans coming along?

Lynn xx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lynn

No further on since my last message. We need to work out how much work Kieran has on so we know when he will be finished. That may be at least another couple of months.

Kieran called a few companies locally, but McGimpseys was the only half-decent sounding company. The others sounded like they didn't give a toss.

I think we will use them aswell because they are local so it makes things easier.

Who are things with yourselves?

Carol x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

No different. We are now in the process of having Pauls references printed onto company letterhead. Have contacted 2 past employers so far and been successful with both Only another 7 to go

Going to have some dinner, Chloe is lurking over my shoulder waiting for the computer.

Chat later

Lynn xx
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Has anyone any updates on using McGimpsey, I called them a few weeks ago to get a bit of info, they were really friendly and advised me that an average 3 bedroom house being shipped to Oz would cost around £4000. I contacted Pickfords who wouldnt give me any info and advised me to fill in a form with info on what we will be taking, but its hard to know how many boxes of things we will be taking!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markandgill
Has anyone any updates on using McGimpsey, I called them a few weeks ago to get a bit of info, they were really friendly and advised me that an average 3 bedroom house being shipped to Oz would cost around £4000. I contacted Pickfords who wouldnt give me any info and advised me to fill in a form with info on what we will be taking, but its hard to know how many boxes of things we will be taking!
We used them 3 years ago when we moved to Brisbane and thought they were very good. We didn't have furniture though, just lots of boxes. Nothing was broken so no complaints from us.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Well, we actually had them around this morning, as it happens, and I have no complaints at all. They were here giving us an estimation for shipping all of our worldy possessions over. We aren't taking any furniture, only boxes, and they quoted roughly £1250 for 1/4 container, so I'd say £4000 for a whole house is pretty good going.
Their service is friendly and professional, and from the sound of it, shipping to Australia is a fairly common practise for them, they said they have shipments going probably every fortnight or so. They say they use their own containers, and if necessary they collect goods from the UK to fill up their own containers to ensure a frequent shipment, which means other shipping companies trust them with their goods aswell, which I think is a good sign.

We are going ahead and using them, so later in the year I can update this!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolk
Well, we actually had them around this morning, as it happens, and I have no complaints at all. They were here giving us an estimation for shipping all of our worldy possessions over. We aren't taking any furniture, only boxes, and they quoted roughly £1250 for 1/4 container, so I'd say £4000 for a whole house is pretty good going.
Their service is friendly and professional, and from the sound of it, shipping to Australia is a fairly common practise for them, they said they have shipments going probably every fortnight or so. They say they use their own containers, and if necessary they collect goods from the UK to fill up their own containers to ensure a frequent shipment, which means other shipping companies trust them with their goods aswell, which I think is a good sign.

We are going ahead and using them, so later in the year I can update this!!
Hi all

We are in Belfast and are using McConnells from Mallusk as they have been referred to us by my new employer. Hope that helps!

Tom