Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

May not marry before first entry??

May not marry before first entry??

Old May 2nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

AndyPandy is on a distinguished road
Default May not marry before first entry??

I have a permanent residence visa (skilled independant) and the restriction placed on me is that I may not marry before first entry into Australia(Restriction 8515).

Does getting engaged prior to first entry have any implications for my visa? Does it breach this restriction. I would think not but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is it adequate to notify DIMIA using Form 1022 "Notification of changes in circumstances" of the fact that I got engaged?

Once I enter Oz and get settled, my fiance intends applying for a prospective marriage visa?

Regards
Andy
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: May not marry before first entry??

I was specifically told by the immigration guy in NZ when I picked up my visa that I couldnt get married before I entered the country. I laughed as I was flying in the next morning and said I wouldnt have time, let alone get engaged and he said thats ok, just dont get married!

being engaged doesnt have any legal standing anyway does it?

Originally Posted by AndyPandy
I have a permanent residence visa (skilled independant) and the restriction placed on me is that I may not marry before first entry into Australia(Restriction 8515).

Does getting engaged prior to first entry have any implications for my visa? Does it breach this restriction. I would think not but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is it adequate to notify DIMIA using Form 1022 "Notification of changes in circumstances" of the fact that I got engaged?

Once I enter Oz and get settled, my fiance intends applying for a prospective marriage visa?

Regards
Andy
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:32 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Regards
Andy
We have the same in our visa,our agent said that if we were to marry before entry then we would need to redo all the paperwork for the change of names and introduce all the paperwork ( marriage cert etc) for amendment so dont do it! being engaged has no legal standing as far as I know as no paperwork is involved as your not making any change (other than the loan for the ring!?)
Old May 4th 2005, 2:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Andy

A question like this is better asked on the immigration forum.

Jeremy