Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This may be a daft question?????

This may be a daft question?????

Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

cov kids will become famous soon enough
Red face This may be a daft question?????

Has anyone had laser eye surgery then gone for their meds? I am thinking of having laser surgery before Xmas, but a little worried about meds after, (Sounds like some of the docs are away with the fairies). Will it be ok, will they just do the normal eye test that everyone has. Obviously if I go blind it won't :scared: Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:45 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: This may be a daft question?????

Originally Posted by cov kids
Has anyone had laser eye surgery then gone for their meds? I am thinking of having laser surgery before Xmas, but a little worried about meds after, (Sounds like some of the docs are away with the fairies). Will it be ok, will they just do the normal eye test that everyone has. Obviously if I go blind it won't :scared: Any advice would be much appreciated.
Mate, trust me, do not worry about the medical. The eye test was cover one eye, read as far as you can etc from a set distance, then the other eye.
Not the thorough optometrist examination.

It was something along the lines of the Snellen test.

Don't you have to wait a certain amount of time post op for your sight to be 20/20, i.e rest, recovery etc?

Cheers

Rich
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

chrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Like Rich said I believe the eye test is basic and wouldn't penalise u for having surgery. Make sure yr eyes have settled though but should be fine. I had laser eye surgery 3yrs ago, best thing I ever did which I'd had the money to do it sooner - its great no contacts or glasses, go for it!

Chris
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:33 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

the biggest risk if you go blind is the 6 months your labrador spends in customs, it might go daft on you.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Husband went for medical and had forgotten his specs. They gave him some sort of magnifying glass - no problem.. Not like having to prove you're fit for driving.

Wish I'd had lasik before I left. Now I'm trying to have it done over here and the recommendations aren't exactly flowing.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies, Got appointment on 2nd December to see how much it's going to cost and all that.

Michaela
XX
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies, Got appointment on 2nd December to see how much it's going to cost and all that.

Michaela
XX
Michaela, I had mine done about 6 months ago. Its great no more glasses. I just need them for long sight now ie. if I need to read small writing. I use them maybe once a fortnight for small print. It cost me £1200. Depending on which lazer surgery you get your eyes heal anything from 24hours up to about two weeks.
HTH
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Michaela, I had mine done about 6 months ago. Its great no more glasses. I just need them for long sight now ie. if I need to read small writing. I use them maybe once a fortnight for small print. It cost me £1200. Depending on which lazer surgery you get your eyes heal anything from 24hours up to about two weeks.
HTH
Thanks its great to hear that other people have had it done. They all said it's the best thing they ever did. It's just my parents putting the fear of god into me. My mum keeps saying "what you going to do if you go blind, Oh mMichaeladon't get it done" Bless her parents hey.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi
I had mine done Sept 04 & yes, BEST thing ever.
Had meds 2 months ago & all Doc said was "looks like they did a very good job!"
Nice to know
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Just wanted to say hello to Cov Kids we are also from Cov and are hopefully headed for Adelaide when we get the visa, when are you hoping to go?
jacqui
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woogle
Hi
I had mine done Sept 04 & yes, BEST thing ever.
Had meds 2 months ago & all Doc said was "looks like they did a very good job!"
Nice to know
Hi
Thanks for that, what company did you go with when you got your eyes done?

Michaela
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Just wanted to say hello to Cov Kids we are also from Cov and are hopefully headed for Adelaide when we get the visa, when are you hoping to go?
jacqui

Hi Jacqui

We are hopefully heading to perth not for 18 months yet. Just started to do our TRA. Which part of cov are you from?

Michaela
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Hi Jacqui

We are hopefully heading to perth not for 18 months yet. Just started to do our TRA. Which part of cov are you from?

Michaela
Wyken, I work at Walsgrave hospital as a staff nurse in the ITU, how about you?
jacqui
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:15 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry cannot answer your question....

But where in Cov are you ? - lived there for 18 years

Not a nurse are you?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Wyken, I work at Walsgrave hospital as a staff nurse in the ITU, how about you?
jacqui

Wyken too :scared: We live in tennyson road.

Michaela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.