Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Maxine Carr being urged to move to Australia."

"Maxine Carr being urged to move to Australia."

Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
tabloid hysteria is alive and well on this board. she was convicted of perverting the course of justice. if you want to go out and give her a good kicking that your perogative. personally i feel she deserves to live the rest of her live free from attack from people who think that she go off lightly and who have absolutely nothing to do with the kids that died or the place they lived in. call me a bleeding heart liberal if you like but i'm happy that i dont wish this women any harm, however misguided or stupid she was or blinded by her lvoe for a murderer.

correct me if im wrong but isnt she also going to be done for benefit fraud as well

hey ho lets get a criminal record bypass the police clearances and get a nice new life without paying anything to be relocated

the law is an ass are the words that come to mind

arlene
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:08 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

correct me if im wrong but isnt she also going to be done for benefit fraud as well
nearly as bad as killing children isnt it? not surpised the authorities are urging her to move to another country when you see the amount of wannabe vigilanties on here.

Last edited by Fuzzyness; Apr 28th 2004 at 8:15 am.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, for some people, having to go and live in Australia is worse than a prison sentence.
Perhaps that is why she does not want to go.

G
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Maxine Carr being urged to move to Australia."

Originally posted by Ceri
good luck to her.. she will be recognised by someone. Do those officials over in the UK ,think we didn't have her on our news and in our papers in Aus, and nobody here will recognise her??

Probably deck the evil cow myself if I saw her..oops.

I have no sympathy for her what so ever!
nice to know mob style justice is still alive and kicking all over the world.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mel Gibson
She is moving to Queensland the same state as Steve lrwin's
crocidile farm, she should be fed to the crocidiles except they probably have better taste in what they eat.
Thing is she is not moving to Australia. She is staying in the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: "Maxine Carr being urged to move to Australia."

Originally posted by JulesandChris
Shocker....

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...831568905.html

Instead of spending £15 million sending her to OZ....they could buy her a house from everyone on here who is trying to sell, it would save the Uk.Gov loads of dosh and make a lot of happy people on here.........

And just think of all those houses to hide in.....its brilliant
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:39 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

tabloid hysteria is alive and well on this board. she was convicted of perverting the course of justice. if you want to go out and give her a good kicking that your perogative. personally i feel she deserves to live the rest of her live free from attack from people who think that she go off lightly and who have absolutely nothing to do with the kids that died or the place they lived in. call me a bleeding heart liberal if you like but i'm happy that i dont wish this women any harm, however misguided or stupid she was or blinded by her lvoe for a murderer.
I know of a case where a woman who was married to a guy who murdered two kids was harrassed and her home attacked by local people who believed she must have known what he'd done. She suspected nothing until the bodies were discovered and evidence led the police to her husband.

She had to move in fear for her safety after her home was broken into and all her possessions daubed with tar.

How do I know she had nothing to do with her husband's crime?

Because she's my step-sister.

I'm not making any judgement on Maxine Carr's case, just pointing out that it is possible for a person not to know about something their partner has done, even when it's a serious, horrendous crime.

Elaine M
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:45 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

In the absence of knowledge/ evidence about a person's involvement in criminal acts, it is pure guesswork to assume you know facts unknown to anybody else.

Guesses are VERY often wrong.

Last edited by The Don; Apr 29th 2004 at 4:17 am.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

People who live in glass houses should'nt throw stones
Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:17 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by ace ventura
People who live in glass houses should'nt throw stones
Indeed.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:07 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Elaine M
I know of a case where a woman who was married to a guy who murdered two kids was harrassed and her home attacked by local people who believed she must have known what he'd done. She suspected nothing until the bodies were discovered and evidence led the police to her husband.

She had to move in fear for her safety after her home was broken into and all her possessions daubed with tar.

How do I know she had nothing to do with her husband's crime?

Because she's my step-sister.

I'm not making any judgement on Maxine Carr's case, just pointing out that it is possible for a person not to know about something their partner has done, even when it's a serious, horrendous crime.

Elaine M
i am in complete agreement with you. i dont like the mob mentality that exists on here from certain posters and was saying that i think that she does deserve a life free from the threat of violence directed to her because of what some sick child murder did.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

I was out of the UK when the case went to court. I know that she was up for perverting the course of justice but what did she actually do?

Can anybody enlighten me?

Keel
Old Apr 29th 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by keel
I was out of the UK when the case went to court. I know that she was up for perverting the course of justice but what did she actually do?

Can anybody enlighten me?

Keel
Trust me Keel you want nothing to do with this one - ignorance is sometimes a blessing.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

tuppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Maxine Carr was in her home town over a hundred miles from where the murder took place, so unless she is a very talented person, she did not murder the poor girls.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:02 pm
Don
Banned

i am in complete agreement with you. i dont like the mob mentality that exists on here from certain posters and was saying that i think that she does deserve a life free from the threat of violence directed to her because of what some sick child murder did.
My point, exactly. It doesn't imply sympathy for Maxine Carr nor approval of whoknows? GBP15 million in cost to the UK taxpayer

Let's not forget: Maxine Carr wasn't the murderer, was not implicated in the murders, she perverted the course of justice in the investigation of the murders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.