Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Maximum number of assurers

Maximum number of assurers

Old Feb 1st 2004, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

fatbill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maximum number of assurers

Can someone tell me if there is a maximum for the number of people who can give a joint AoS?.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you can only have one assurer with the required minimum income, if this is not correct i'm sure i'll be corrected.
Also did you know the AOS does not have to be a relative. It could be a friend.
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by Shaz&Phil; Feb 1st 2004 at 4:15 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I had 2 assurers - basically they were husband and wife as DIMA will accept joint household income, rather than just one member of the household. However, I do not know if you can have assurance from more than one household.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point

To Hidden Paw

That is very interesting. We really struggled regards an Assurer. Sponsor has a brilliant and responsible job but only worked part-time hours so couldn't do it as well as the sponsorship. In the end, a friend of our sponsor offered to do it for us even though she didn't know us and had never met us, which was pretty cool of her. We had no idea that you could use both incomes. Can't understand why our agency didn't tell us that, it would have saved an awful lot of hassle.

The assurer was fantastic, so helpful and we wouldn't have got in only for her. The only thing was, it was very difficult with her not being family and not knowing us to feel at ease contacting her if things were delayed her side and so on. We were worried about badgering and looking pushy.

You learn something new every day.

Sharon