Matched Betting

Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:27 pm
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road
Default Matched Betting

Just been speaking to a few of my friends here in the UK who are matched betting to make some free cash - it's a process which takes advantage of bookmakers' free bet offers and turning them into proper cash...

It's the first I've heard of it, but has anyone done this in Oz - since we have probably the strictest gambling laws since the Americans!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matched Betting

Originally Posted by knowlton
Just been speaking to a few of my friends here in the UK who are matched betting to make some free cash - it's a process which takes advantage of bookmakers' free bet offers and turning them into proper cash...

It's the first I've heard of it, but has anyone done this in Oz - since we have probably the strictest gambling laws since the Americans!
Money saving expert used to have a large section on how to do this. Why don't you just join the UK sites and do it, they all operate internationally via the web?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting, can't believe I haven't got into this. But I reckon if there is risk free money to be had - I'm there!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matched_betting

There does appear to be a reliance on a book-maker being willing to allow you bet for free.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Sounds interesting, can't believe I haven't got into this. But I reckon if there is risk free money to be had - I'm there!
As long as you're disciplined you should be able to win a bit. Only problem is to get a matched bet you have to make an initial bet, make a deposit on the site etc etc

It's just a way of luring people in, it won't make you rich.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Money saving expert used to have a large section on how to do this. Why don't you just join the UK sites and do it, they all operate internationally via the web?
Are you referring to UK matched betting sites, forums or bookmakers?

If you're referring to matched betting sites, my friends here are using a UK-based matched betting website to do it that I think operates in Aus.

The website they're using is fixtheodds.com - when you click 'To see how much YOU could make, just click here!' on the front page, it says that Aus residents can make up to £250 which I guess is around $350?

I must warn everybody that the link is for reference only and I have not tried it. Whilst it does sound good, I really don't know how much effort I'm going to have to put in to get that.

Unfortunately I cannot try it yet as I'm still in the UK so it's only showing me UK offers - I will give it a go sometime next week when I fly back and let everybody know!

Last edited by knowlton; Apr 28th 2011 at 10:05 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:07 am
Banned

As long as you're disciplined you should be able to win a bit. Only problem is to get a matched bet you have to make an initial bet, make a deposit on the site etc etc

It's just a way of luring people in, it won't make you rich.
Yea - I figured, £250 isn't going to make me rich but it's still £250 that I don't have.

When you mean 'disciplined', do you mean keeping to the system and not placing a 'cheeky bet'? Or are you referring to any pitfalls?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Borussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura aboutBorussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura aboutBorussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura about

I think you are all missing the point here

Matched betting involves:

1) signing up to a bookie, depositing say $200 and getting another $200 added to the account as a welcome bonus (there are variations such as having to make a first bet before getting the bonus). There will usually be conditions before you can withdraw the bonus.

2) depositing at a second book (either to get a second bonus or to use a book with the best odds for step 3).

3) Taking the two bookies in steps 1 and 2, placing two bets on alternative exhaustive outcomes of the same event (i.e. Man Utd score over 2.5 goals at the weekend and Man Utd score less than 2.5 goals at the weekend). This can either be done by backing two outcomes as above or backing one outcome and then selling the same outcome at an exchange such as Betfair. This is called match (or dutching if you back two outcomes).

Depending on bet sizes etc you will eventually end up in a position where you meet the conditions and can withdraw your deposit and bonus i.e. you can withdraw the $200 bonus in step 1 risk free. You then move on to the next bookie.

It is common to lose some of the bonus as step 3 above will usually lead to a small guaranteed loss (i.e. it is not common for Man Utd over and under 2.5 goals both to be even money, they might both be 1.95 and so you are guaranteed to lose 5% but also guaranteed to keep the bonus). Sometimes you can find 2 opposing bets that guarantee a profit and this is call arbitrage betting.

I am not sure where the figure of a couple of hundred pounds come from.

I know people who do this full time and make £3 - £4k per month. I do this part time (10 hours a week) and make much less, around £1k a month over the past two years but still enough for it to be worthwhile. It is also tax free in the UK and I believe in Australia. After welcome bonus offers there are reload deposit offers and other one off special offers which are endless and allow people to keep going long term.

I think the original question was with regards to bonus offers in Australia. There are plenty of bonuses in Aussie bookies and some are only open to those living in Australia. There are no more or less risks with this than elsewhere in the world and your second (matching) bookmaker doesnt have to be Australian. From experience Australia is very tough on you providing ID (usually before placing any bets) to avoid you opening more than one account (and getting more than one welcome bonus etc).

There is a mass of information for beginners on this on MSE (under gambling introductory offer loopholes in the forum) which is a worthwhile read if you are interested but it is a very aggressive forum and more experienced people / professional gamblers post elsewhere.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Borussia_Teeth
I think you are all missing the point here

Matched betting involves:

1) signing up to a bookie, depositing say $200 and getting another $200 added to the account as a welcome bonus (there are variations such as having to make a first bet before getting the bonus). There will usually be conditions before you can withdraw the bonus.

2) depositing at a second book (either to get a second bonus or to use a book with the best odds for step 3).

3) Taking the two bookies in steps 1 and 2, placing two bets on alternative exhaustive outcomes of the same event (i.e. Man Utd score over 2.5 goals at the weekend and Man Utd score less than 2.5 goals at the weekend). This can either be done by backing two outcomes as above or backing one outcome and then selling the same outcome at an exchange such as Betfair. This is called match (or dutching if you back two outcomes).

Depending on bet sizes etc you will eventually end up in a position where you meet the conditions and can withdraw your deposit and bonus i.e. you can withdraw the $200 bonus in step 1 risk free. You then move on to the next bookie.

It is common to lose some of the bonus as step 3 above will usually lead to a small guaranteed loss (i.e. it is not common for Man Utd over and under 2.5 goals both to be even money, they might both be 1.95 and so you are guaranteed to lose 5% but also guaranteed to keep the bonus). Sometimes you can find 2 opposing bets that guarantee a profit and this is call arbitrage betting.

I am not sure where the figure of a couple of hundred pounds come from.

I know people who do this full time and make £3 - £4k per month. I do this part time (10 hours a week) and make much less, around £1k a month over the past two years but still enough for it to be worthwhile. It is also tax free in the UK and I believe in Australia. After welcome bonus offers there are reload deposit offers and other one off special offers which are endless and allow people to keep going long term.

I think the original question was with regards to bonus offers in Australia. There are plenty of bonuses in Aussie bookies and some are only open to those living in Australia. There are no more or less risks with this than elsewhere in the world and your second (matching) bookmaker doesnt have to be Australian. From experience Australia is very tough on you providing ID (usually before placing any bets) to avoid you opening more than one account (and getting more than one welcome bonus etc).

There is a mass of information for beginners on this on MSE (under gambling introductory offer loopholes in the forum) which is a worthwhile read if you are interested but it is a very aggressive forum and more experienced people / professional gamblers post elsewhere.
first three I looked at are

Betfred 50GBP free
WillHill 20GBP free
Ladbrokes 30GBP free

There are only so many bookies, how do you manage to rack up 3-4k a month?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Bet on the 'darker' bloke in the boxing ring is my advice.

<before someone gets on my arse for 'racism' then ask yourself the question 'Am I a twot?' >
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Borussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura aboutBorussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura aboutBorussia_Teeth has a spectacular aura about

first three I looked at are

Betfred 50GBP free
WillHill 20GBP free
Ladbrokes 30GBP free

There are only so many bookies, how do you manage to rack up 3-4k a month?
I dont but others do. Try offshore US bookies:

BetUS - upto 40% unlimited
Bet Jamaica - $500
Logans.com - $500
Bookmaker.com - $500
The Greek - $500
Legendz - $500

As for the UK - Bet365 £200 is the best on the market at present.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Borussia_Teeth
I agree, I had a very brief look at the MSE thread and it looks like it's gone past the maturity stage - it's become way too complex for rookies and there's a lot of matched betting 'snobs' out there....
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:46 am
Banned

Back in Oz now! Got the most amazing photo of Will and Catherine at the Royal Wedding! Anyway, back to reality now, albeit work starts next Monday!

Have got this fixtheodds thing down on my to do list and will let everybody know how I get on!!

K
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:50 am
Banned

Default Re: Fixtheodds

I am such an idiot..

When I was back in the UK, I signed up and I was presented with a load of UK offers. Thinking that it was because I had a UK IP, I decided to wait until I had flown back to Oz.

Now that I'm back in Oz, I've realised that the option was upon sign up as to what country's offers was available to me... Since I only have the one email account, it has meant that I have to create another account... Thank god for GMX!

Anyway, back on track now - I have selected to view my profits in Pound Sterling as I wasn't too sure how good USD or Euro would be!

In answer to many of the previous questions about which UK bookmakers cover Aus, I have the following offers on my account which are available to us Aussies:

BetInternet - free £25 bet
Boyle Sports - free £20 bet
TitanBet - free £10 bet
BoDog - free £25 bet

Had to sign up with Betfair as well - you have to sign up with them as you use them to place opposite bets so you don't end up losing your money! Not quite the £thousands that some people are claiming you can make, but I think it's still worth a go. Will keep you all posted.
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:37 pm
Banned

pleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Free money loophole? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Somebody's got to get screwed over somewhere...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.