Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Match Of The Day

Match Of The Day

Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Wee Bubba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Match Of The Day

i am moving to sydney with my fiancee in july but i am slightly worried about missing out on premiership footie. do they have a match of the day type program in Oz?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Match Of The Day

Originally Posted by Wee Bubba
i am moving to sydney with my fiancee in july but i am slightly worried about missing out on premiership footie. do they have a match of the day type program in Oz?
They used to but Fox sports now has all the premiership. Hopefully the loss of sales of all the manure shirts will impact and bring back SBS premiership.

I wanted to listen to the Palace game on real player but it you have to have a UK IP to connect.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:38 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bondipom
I wanted to listen to the Palace game on real player but it you have to have a UK IP to connect.
No loss there then
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:43 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

sittin watchin the gunners and man u at the mo.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:09 pm
maz&christy

good opportunity to ask a very nb question - do you get any scottish footie in Oz. We are both desperate to get to Oz and can leave most things behind, except the footie....anyone know if there is a way to get the games/see them anywhere???

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:13 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maz&christy
good opportunity to ask a very nb question - do you get any scottish footie in Oz. We are both desperate to get to Oz and can leave most things behind, except the footie....anyone know if there is a way to get the games/see them anywhere???
See above
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

no, u dont get the scottish games. u need to go to a pub to watch $25 to get in
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

ian3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Match Of The Day

Result
Arsenal 2 Mun United 4
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Hubby said if u want to watch a footie game, he'll point the webcam at the tv. Thats how he hopes to watch the games when we get to Oz, hes gonna tell his dad to do it, lol. Not sure if picture would be any good mind.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:03 pm

What you need is a digital TV tuner. They sell from $150 upwards. They let you record to file any programs. The image quality is superb. Its ashame unlimited internet costs a fortune because the files are large.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:09 pm

I guess a draw away from hom is OK but I'd prefer to deny the baggies 3 points as they'll probably be in the relegation battle. Spurs have totally gone to the dogs.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:28 am
maz&christy

Originally Posted by soapy
no, u dont get the scottish games. u need to go to a pub to watch $25 to get in
cheers for that soapy - $25 sounds steep but desperate measures and all that!

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

cheers for that soapy - $25 sounds steep but desperate measures and all that!
yeh, i thought that at first too. but for some reason the old firm just doesnt seem that important anymore. dont get me wrong. i still like to watch the goals and stuff but hey, im in OZ
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:16 pm
Monkey

In article <[email protected]> ,
member35248@british_expats.com (Wee Bubba) wrote:

> *Subject:* Match Of The Day
    > *From:* Wee Bubba <member35248@british_expats.com>
    > *Date:* Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:06:05 +0000
    >
    >
    > i am moving to sydney with my fiancee in july but i am slightly worried
    > about missing out on premiership footie. do they have a match of the day
    > type program in Oz?
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

There's an hour-long highlight show on FoxSports 1 or 2 on Monday
evenings, 19:30 (I go to the pub to watch it).

--
Paul
http://www.labrose.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.