Reload this Page >

Mashiraz back online

Wikiposts

Mashiraz back online

Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash

Nice to hear things are going well for you in Adelaide.

Take care

footie chick
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Mash

Glad to see you back online, great things are going well for you,

good luck with everything else

c-ya Yve
Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Good to hear things are going well. I thought you wouldnt be able to work until you got a "Tax File Number", which takes upto 2 months to get.

Whats the situation?.

Cheers,

65KK

Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Tax file number takes 28 days, you can work while it is procesed.

Colin
Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:30 am
owieb

Originally posted by 65 million
Good to hear things are going well. I thought you wouldnt be able to work until you got a "Tax File Number", which takes upto 2 months to get.

Whats the situation?.

Cheers,

65KK

Where did you get that gem of information from?

Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sooo nice to hear from you all!!!

So many Questions.

Choice of house...
Originally wanted to live in Gawler, but very few houses on market in good areas, and realised too far to travel to city everyday for work. I came to oz to get away from that!! However love the place and will buy some land there soon, ready to build later...

So we chose northern suburb of Gulfview Heights as we wanted views and its 30 minutes to everywhere (city, sea, barossa). Spent more than we wanted, but good investment we think, will sell on quickly if we change minds. The house buying process is great if you don't want to change your mind. As a buyer (cash) you have alot of power to write stuff into the contract to make the vendor do (contract clean, mend things, get out quick)....
Get the house under contract even if you are not sure, you get 2 days to 'cool off' on it, and in the meantime no one else can get a look in.

Jobs, sent CV off to a few agencies before left, one agent picked it up and ran with it getting me lots of interest and interviews. Applied for a couple myself on arrival and got offered one of them too. I'm now a Business Process Project Manager for a retailer.

Tradespeople. Lot of competition in the carpet market so it was cheap compated to UK to carpet the whole house so we did! Sorry they didn't split off the labour cost but they did say they were short of layers, so there will be opportunities.

Hubby is looking for a band when his gear arrives on the ship next week, but again put notices up in music shops and has had a few calls already.

As to how we are feeling about it all, haven't had chance to reflect on it, and not sure I want to yet

I'll keep you updated, please post your questions.
Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by owieb
Where did you get that gem of information from?

Last edited by mashiraz; Aug 14th 2003 at 11:43 am.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh and tax file number, applied for it within days of arrival and took about 3 weeks to arrive, however you can't apply for centrelink (Family Tax Credit and Rent assistance) until you have it. However they backdated payments to our arrival date.

Mash...
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:36 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mashiraz
Tradespeople. Lot of competition in the carpet market so it was cheap compated to UK to carpet the whole house so we did! Sorry they didn't split off the labour cost but they did say they were short of layers, so there will be opportunities.

Mash...
thanks Mash

we have already been contacted by one company asking Ian (my husband) to contact them on arrival to discuss work opportunities. Hopefully I can get him working as soon as possible, then I can lie back and enjoy the sun!

What sort of band is your husband hoping to start? Let me know what the eventual name is and I will keep an eye out for gigs once we have arrived

thanks again

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Mashiraz back online

Just as a bit more of an update, our shipment is due saturday so chased it through Kent removals (the agent at this end). Apparently it swaps ship in Singapore and they are not sure where it is. Still due saturday though, so I'm hoping for a favourable wind.

We are hoping to take the kids out to see the ship come in...
Mash...

Originally posted by mashiraz
Hi Guys,

We've been in Adelaide 6 weeks now so thought I would report back...