Reload this Page >

Markets in Melbourne

Markets in Melbourne

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

chloet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Markets in Melbourne

Hi Everyone,
When we get to Melbourne in May my husband and I want to set up a stall at one of the markets at the weekend. He is an artist so he's going to sell his handmade leather bags and shoes and I will probably sell vintage clothes...I know there are stacks of markets in Melbourne but can someone recomend a good one...One that sells funky interesting stuff ??? We will be living in the Elwood area.
Thanks in advance....Chloe...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:32 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Chloe

When we were over we went to the St. Kilda market (sundays) and there was loads of ' funky interesting stuff' not sure how you'd go about getting a stall there tho....I was purely a cash machine for my kids purchases

Petra
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:33 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by artep
Chloe

When we were over we went to the St. Kilda market (sundays) and there was loads of ' funky interesting stuff' not sure how you'd go about getting a stall there tho....I was purely a cash machine for my kids purchases

Petra
Saying all that tho.....it depends what you call funky and interesting....a matter of opinion i suppose
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Well I mean a market which isnt to trashy...Say where a lot of the stall holders make their own stuff and handicrafts. In Adelaide a few years ago someone took us to 2 markets one at Gepps Cross/Pooraka and and another at Port Adelaide...Both were pretty bad...At the Pooraka one, one of the stall holders began brawling with the man at the next stall and chased after him with an iron bar...It was a bit rough for my taste...I was thinking of a market similair to the Paddington market in Sydney..Chloe...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Definately St Kilda market on a Sunday as mentioned.....there's tons of funky stalls there as well as normal market stuff. Sounds like your stuff would fit in a treat.

There's also a SUnday market down on Southbank. Kind of similar to St Kilda but not as eclectic!!

IMHO Southbank market tends to cater more for 'city' tourists wheras St K definately suits of independant/bohemian/trendy/ types (but there's a bit of both at both...if you get my drift!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

will just add as well that St K market isnt rough - it's always full of families, esp with the Luna Park being near by, it being onthe esplanade and events always going on in nearby Catania Gardens
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Markets in Melbourne

Originally posted by chloet
Hi Everyone,
When we get to Melbourne in May my husband and I want to set up a stall at one of the markets at the weekend. He is an artist so he's going to sell his handmade leather bags and shoes and I will probably sell vintage clothes...I know there are stacks of markets in Melbourne but can someone recomend a good one...One that sells funky interesting stuff ??? We will be living in the Elwood area.
Thanks in advance....Chloe...
Try "Melbourne Markets" in Google and a plethora comes up! This is one of the best sites:

http://www.you.com.au/market-melbourne.html

There is an extremely popular market at Williamstown on one Sunday in every month. You can get a ferry across from St Kilda to Williamstown and make a great day of it and enjoy the best view in Melbourne!

http://www.williamstowncraftmarket.c...directory2.htm

People will often tend to set up a stall at a number of markets on different days of the week.

OzTennis
Old Feb 27th 2004, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link Oz Tennis...Once we set up our stall I hope that you will come by and visit us !!!! Chloe..