Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Marangroo Area Info Please!

Marangroo Area Info Please!

Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Default Marangroo Area Info Please!

Hi All

We viewed a reall nice house in Marangroo WA (NOR) today, can anyone shed any light on the area, any good or bad points??

Many thanks
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:57 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marangroo Area Info Please!

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi All

We viewed a reall nice house in Marangroo WA (NOR) today, can anyone shed any light on the area, any good or bad points??

Many thanks
Good info on the demographics of the suburb here....
http://www.domain.com.au/public/Subu...garoo&mode=buy
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Before rushing in, focus on the area, not the house. Remember that they've made the house as nice as possible to divert your attention away from the area.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Before rushing in, focus on the area, not the house. Remember that they've made the house as nice as possible to divert your attention away from the area.
I could be wrong but Im guessing the op is thinking of renting.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Yeah we are going to be renting. I have been told by someone else that if we stay coast side if the Mitchell freeway most subuarbs are OK??

Crim stats not so good for Marangaroo, thought the house was too good to be true!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we are going to be renting. I have been told by someone else that if we stay coast side if the Mitchell freeway most subuarbs are OK??

Crim stats not so good for Marangaroo, thought the house was too good to be true!
That is a rule of thumb. There are some nice suburbs on the other side though, Kingsley, Woodvale, Edgewater. Don't discount them. Personally I wouldn't want to be east of Wanneroo Road.

Hope you find somewhere.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'd say the same thing for renting, in that generally it is not regarded as a 'good' suburb. Yes, it's usually a good idea to stay west of Mitchell Freeway, and failing that, west of Wanneroo Road. Marangaroo is right on Wanneroo Road, to the east.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
That is a rule of thumb. There are some nice suburbs on the other side though, Kingsley, Woodvale, Edgewater. Don't discount them. Personally I wouldn't want to be east of Wanneroo Road.

Hope you find somewhere.
Hmm don't follow that as a rule. There are some very nice areas east of Wanneroo Rd.

Yokine
Dianella
Inglewood
Coolbinia

The rule does however apply if you're looking east of Wanneroo Road and north of Morley Drive.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Hmm don't follow that as a rule. There are some very nice areas east of Wanneroo Rd.

Yokine
Dianella
Inglewood
Coolbinia

The rule does however apply if you're looking east of Wanneroo Road and north of Morley Drive.
I did say personally. Personally I wouldn't want to live in those areas, not because they are bad areas but they are too busy for me, I like boring old suburbia.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I'd say that in that area of Wanneroo Road (south of Morley drive/north of Charles Street) the areas on the west are likely to be just as busy, if not busier than those on the east. Reason being people trying to get to the freeway.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough I was talking to a rental agent a couple of weeks ago about potential areas to buy an investment property. Apparently Tapping and Carramar both have better yields than Currambine/Kinross, which surprised me, being further from the beach, trains and freeway.