Manly hostel?

Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Manly hostel?

Can anyone recommend a nice hostel in Manly?

We need to book for 2 nights when we arrive. We were going to stay in Sydney city YHA but considering we are going to be looking for a rental property in or around Manly there seems no point in commuting backwards and forwrds to the city.

Thanks Linda
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:58 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Manly hostel?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
Can anyone recommend a nice hostel in Manly?

We need to book for 2 nights when we arrive. We were going to stay in Sydney city YHA but considering we are going to be looking for a rental property in or around Manly there seems no point in commuting backwards and forwrds to the city.

Thanks Linda
I'm not sure of the Manly hostels, but I don't reckon any of them will be a patch on the city YHA. We stayed there a long time back and it was very good. All our backpacking friends have stayed at our place, so we've no feedback on Manly hostels from them either.

If i were looking for a hostel I'd probably have a look at the lonely planet guide. Mine are at home so I can't tell you what they recommend.
You could use their internet site lonelyplanet.com, or their forum thorntree. Or do what I sometimes do, nip into a bookshop at lunch time and read through the newest guide.

Good luck.