mandurah

Old Feb 12th 2006, 1:21 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up mandurah

Hi All,

well im thinking of changing my mind on where i coming to stay i'm on the plane on may the 5th this year was going to bunbury but now i looked at mandurah it looks not bad is it decieving i am a barber to trade and is this the type of place that a barber could get a job, or is any hard to get job there . whats the population like is it a big place.

john
Old Feb 12th 2006, 11:14 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: mandurah

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi All,

well im thinking of changing my mind on where i coming to stay i'm on the plane on may the 5th this year was going to bunbury but now i looked at mandurah it looks not bad is it decieving i am a barber to trade and is this the type of place that a barber could get a job, or is any hard to get job there . whats the population like is it a big place.

john
Hi John, I live in Rockingham which is 20 minutes north of Mandurah, I was in Mandurah yesterday and have to tell you the place was mobbed, my husband is an ex hairdresser (had to give it away after 30 years due to his joints in his hands going) He had a business in Fremantle for 6 years after he came over from Manchester and made heaps of money, the fact that he was UK trained gained loads of work. I know that Mandurah and Rockingham are booming at the moment as the train line will be completed at the end of this year and the area is growing with loads of housing estates between the two. I would say there will be more opportunity in Mandurah for work, or if you have the money, set up your own business. We have short term rentals in Rockingham and seem to be getting very busy now with the explosion of population South of Perth. Good luck anyway. Suzette at Cedar Cottage.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:06 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Smile Re: mandurah

Thanks for the reply excellent thats the info that i have been looking for .
well we will be over in may 6th cant wait so excited.

are you a hairdresser yourself.we have our own barber shop here and we are bringing the whole shop with us the sign, chairs, mirrors e.t.c. well you know . we would like to open up a barbers instead of a hairdressers.

suzette could you tell me did your husband have to sit a test when he came over because i heard you did and i looked up the hairdressing board for wa and the site say's you have to but i also Emailed them they got back to me and verified it they say we have to do a theory and a practical test.

god i done all this when i was at college been through it god it's all bull .

apart from that
Attached Images  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:11 am

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

are you a hairdresser yourself.we have our own barber shop here and we are bringing the whole shop with us the sign, chairs, mirrors e.t.c. well you know . we would like to open up a barbers instead of a hairdressers.

suzette could you tell me did your husband have to sit a test when he came over because i heard you did and i looked up the hairdressing board for wa and the site say's you have to but i also Emailed them they got back to me and verified it they say we have to do a theory and a practical test.

apart from that
Yes he had to sit the theory and practical, he is at work, I have rung him but cant get hold of him. As soon as I can get the info I will put a posting on, it is probably info for all prospective barbers/hairdressers wanting to open a shop upon arrival. I am not a hairdresser but certainly enjoy the free hair cuts and styles......Suzette.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

apart from that
I had my hair cut in Perth (not Mandurah I know) on Friday. The barber there said they have never been busier & they couldn't cope with the demand. I think there is a severe shortage of barber shops in this part of the world.

Good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:27 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Thumbs up Re: mandurah

Hi again suzette the info again is excellent thanks for that and getting in touch with your husband good of you going out of you way .
we were just wondering what's entailed in both test as the theory e.t.c. has changed from when i went to college to see how much i need to cach up on. did he also do close shave test.

sorry for all this

john.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:34 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I had my hair cut in Perth (not Mandurah I know) on Friday. The barber there said they have never been busier & they couldn't cope with the demand. I think there is a severe shortage of barber shops in this part of the world.

Good luck.
Hi there Amazulu nice to here from you great news both of you are getting me more excited we have our container booked to ship to freemantle straight to bunbury and now in 2 minds where to go we will have to hurry to tell them to take it to mundaru, rockingham wherever

also have tofind out about rentals houses e.t.c.

john..
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Amazulu nice to here from you great news both of you are getting me more excited we have our container booked to ship to freemantle straight to bunbury and now in 2 minds where to go we will have to hurry to tell them to take it to mundaru, rockingham wherever

also have tofind out about rentals houses e.t.c.

john..
I think a good policy would be to take a couple of weeks when you get to look at different areas & see where the demand is. There is nothing better than seeing the situation with your own eyes.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:56 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think a good policy would be to take a couple of weeks when you get to look at different areas & see where the demand is. There is nothing better than seeing the situation with your own eyes.
That's true not a truer word spoken
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:57 am

Hi again suzette the info again is excellent thanks for that and getting in touch with your husband good of you going out of you way .
we were just wondering what's entailed in both test as the theory e.t.c. has changed from when i went to college to see how much i need to cach up on. did he also do close shave test.

sorry for all this

john.
Shave, 4 different hairstyle’s, 3 set ones and 1 freestyle.

Waste of money bring all the shop just his personnel stuff would do.
this was Wills reply to my question on an email. Anything else you want to know.Suzette

T
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:29 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Shave, 4 different hairstyle’s, 3 set ones and 1 freestyle.

Waste of money bring all the shop just his personnel stuff would do.
this was Wills reply to my question on an email. Anything else you want to know.Suzette

T
Hi Suzette,

got in touch with the http://www.hrb.org.au the hairdressing board of wa they got back to me an hour ago and Mr Mcgough said that you do not have to sit a chemical test foils perms e.t.c. or a theory test as a gent barber course.

holy crap where i am, shaving is rarely or never done im just from a small place so never learned it, dont get me wrong i tried to find colleges that done it a couple of years ago thought it might have helped with my tra if there was any probs but none. i couldnt find a college anywhere that did it.

john
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:55 am

Hi Suzette,

got in touch with the http://www.hrb.org.au the hairdressing board of wa they got back to me an hour ago and Mr Mcgough said that you do not have to sit a chemical test foils perms e.t.c. or a theory test as a gent barber course.

holy crap where i am, shaving is rarely or never done im just from a small place so never learned it, dont get me wrong i tried to find colleges that done it a couple of years ago thought it might have helped with my tra if there was any probs but none. i couldnt find a college anywhere that did it.

john
thats good about the theory, is there any old barbers around that could teach you. From memory the guy who does my husbands hair (he has cut his own hair before but his fingers got in the way) does shaving. He is a young guy whose father worked for Will when he was an area manager, maybe he can show you when you get here. Or get some volunteers and shave their heads (lol). Suzette
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:02 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

not that i know of suzette i'll have to have a good look around cross my fingers heres hoping.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:57 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
thats good about the theory, is there any old barbers around that could teach you. From memory the guy who does my husbands hair (he has cut his own hair before but his fingers got in the way) does shaving. He is a young guy whose father worked for Will when he was an area manager, maybe he can show you when you get here. Or get some volunteers and shave their heads (lol). Suzette
Suzette Hi,

that would be excellent about the man that does the shaving i'll by him a few beers maybe make a offer to teach me well not with a drink in him :scared: .
maybe there is somewhere there that teaches novices like myself.

john
Old Feb 14th 2006, 1:36 am
Just Joined

perthgirl will become famous soon enoughperthgirl will become famous soon enough

The area you are talking about it booming & there seems to be a shortage of all trades & professions.

Here are some websites on Rockingham & Mandurah

www.mymandurah.com
www.peeltour.net.au
www.mandurahwa.com.au
www.emi-great.com
www.rockingham.wa.gov.au
www.anabella.net
www.breakloose.com.au