Managment Job

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

magic8ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Managment Job

Hi there,

We are heading to the gold coast, looking around Robina/Coomera area.

I am hoping I may be able to find a managment job when I get there.
I have run my own company in the UK for 5 years, business is up for sale over here. My company sells computer hardware/software

My question is do you think it is feasible to be able to get straight into a mangers job when I get there, or will it be start at the bottom and work my way up.

I am not looking to run a full business again, aim is to cut back on hours and not as much stress, when I get there.

Any input much appreciated.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Managment Job

Can't comment specifically about the Gold Coast area as am based in Sydney. Presuming that there are manager positions available (check on seek.com.au as this is where many of the jobs are advertised) then you should be able to get one although it depends on what you mean by "manager" as it is a pretty broad job title..

There may be some places that overlook you as you are a POM and haven't worked in Australia before however there will be plenty of others who would interview you. Then it is up to you to convince them on your management experience. No doubt they'll want to be sure that you can step back from being a business owner to "just" a manager.

If you have experience with dealing directly with suppliers then apart from a few minor differences it isn't really going to be that different here from the UK. If you have experience of managing people/team then once again that won't be too difficult.

good luck!

Alex