Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Man shot at Stockwell station

Man shot at Stockwell station

Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:37 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man shot at Stockwell station

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
He was of Asian appearance
Was he? This is the dead bloke (from the BBC website):

Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

If he was darkish skinned or suntanned (which many Brazilians are) he probably could appear of Asian descent, but that pic is so small its hard to see closely.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

To be quite honest, there are so many little points on this thread that i personally disagree with that i do not have time to argue all of them!

I will sum up with my point of view.

If the persuing police belived he was about to blow up a crowded train, they did the right thing. Its regretable, but as somone here mentioned, the man is a victim of terrorism.

Put yourself in the armed policeman's shoes. You have a man suspected of planting a bomb, running onto a crowded train. He will not stop, nor obey your order. He jumps on and as your colleagues pin him down he reaches as if to trigger a detonator (or similar). What would you do? Imaging getting that call wrong and him blowing 100 people to pieces.

All i know is that it is not a job i could do.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:57 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY
To be quite honest, there are so many little points on this thread that i personally disagree with that i do not have time to argue all of them!

If the persuing police belived he was about to blow up a crowded train, they did the right thing. Its regretable, but as somone here mentioned, the man is a victim of terrorism.

Put yourself in the armed policeman's shoes. You have a man suspected of planting a bomb, running onto a crowded train. He will not stop, nor obey your order. He jumps on and as your colleagues pin him down he reaches as if to trigger a detonator (or similar). What would you do? Imaging getting that call wrong and him blowing 100 people to pieces.

my thoughts exactly i am relieved its one person acting strangly rather than fifty or sixty innocents going about their daily business but i suppose sentiments are running extremely high at the moment and people are entitled to their own opinion. we could go on about this subject for ever as this problem(sad as it is) will allways be around only positive thinking form everone will help(sorry if i offend anyone but thats just how i feel )
Old Jul 24th 2005, 2:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day if someone shouts "stop, armed police" you'd better be stopping, right there, particularly if you happen to be in London at the moment.

I guess the phrase is "extremely regrettable" but these coppers will have been well trained and were reacting to what they thought was an imminent suicide attack.

Sadly, in London right now if you have brown skin, are weaing a bulky coat in summer or carrying a rucksack you are likely to be treated with suspicion
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:09 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

If I had been living in Brazil for a while especially in such a high tension climate and someone shouted "Stop Police" I would stop. End of!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
If I had been living in Brazil for a while especially in such a high tension climate and someone shouted "Stop Police" I would stop. End of!
So if you didn't you'd deserve to die !
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:11 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, the police are in a lose:lose situation and why oh why did the guy run when they told him to stop?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:13 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
I agree, the police are in a lose:lose situation and why oh why did the guy run when they told him to stop?
The armed police might have been compelled to shoot, but what about the shit intelligence that no doubt cost the guy his life because he was chilly first thing in the morning
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:15 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
The armed police might have been compelled to shoot, but what about the shit intelligence that no doubt cost the guy his life because he was chilly first thing in the morning
I don't think they shot him because he felt chilly enough to wear a coat. They shot him becuase he was ruunning away from them, as if to go suicide bomb a commuter train....
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:18 am

I don't think they shot him because he felt chilly enough to wear a coat. They shot him becuase he was ruunning away from them, as if to go suicide bomb a commuter train....
But they were sent after him by the surveillance guys, because they thought he was a suicide bomber, so their balls up.

He would have had no cause to be spooked and he wouldn't have been running away and he'd still be alive end off story.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:23 am
A Male Member

But they were sent after him by the surveillance guys, because they thought he was a suicide bomber, so their balls up.

He would have had no cause to be spooked and he wouldn't have been running away and he'd still be alive end off story.
According to the BBC website, he left a house which was under survelance (associated with the bombings 2 weeks ago). I would say that cause enough to at least be interested in where he was going. The fact that he then went straight to a tube station, and when asked to stop jumped the barriers would suggest somthing a little fishy. Doesn't it to you?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:26 am

According to the BBC website, he left a house which was under survelance (associated with the bombings 2 weeks ago). I would say that cause enough to at least be interested in where he was going. The fact that he then went straight to a tube station, and when asked to stop jumped the barriers would suggest somthing a little fishy. Doesn't it to you?
Not really, loads of people get spooked by the old bill. Especially those in plain clothes, and even more so if you come from a country where they're corrupt.

The police have now admitted he has no toes what so ever to any terrorist activity.

The guy was innocent he's now dead and his family will have a lifetime of grieving someone has to be accountable.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:27 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

But the house he was in was under surveillance and why did he run?

I dont see how the police can really win here: if they'd only wounded him and he HAD been a suicide bomber the devastation would have been immense, who knows how many more killed and injured?

All I know is I wouldnt want the job the police have at the moment and have to make that split second decision.....
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
But the house he was in was under surveillance and why did he run?

So they couldn't have intercepted him before he got to the station.
How do we know the house was under surveillance because they said so doesn't make it a fact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.