Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Man shot at Stockwell station

Man shot at Stockwell station

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:19 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man shot at Stockwell station

Looks like they got it wrong
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I would hate to be in the position that our police are in at the moment.

if they shoot they get absolutly slaughtered if they don't they get sentenced to a life of 'it's your fault 30 people are dead, you should have shot on sight'.

i think they are doing a great job at the moment
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Looks like they got it wrong
What a surprise, not like the old bill to **** up
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:20 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
What a surprise, not like the old bill to **** up
Its not a call I would ever like to have to make. An unenviable position to be in. Personally I think they are doing a great job all in all
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Brasilero is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not a call I would ever like to have to make. An unenviable position to be in. Personally I think they are doing a great job all in all
Well, the man was neither a terrorist nor a bomber or even Asian.

He was just an immigrant who could not understand english and living in Stockwell was very much aware of all the banditism around the area.

Now, the plain cloth Police officers who you say are doing a great job, just shouted and executed the poor guy when he had been already completed dominated and with no hope of exploding anything. The guy had no bomb on him.

He wasn´t Asian either. If the police had done any surveyllence at all they should know this.

Now that the British Police is adopting american style shoot to kill policies what will all this mean to us Londoners living in London and travelling on the trains and buses every day?

Are we to become all paranoids like the Americans? Are we to live in fear of our own Police? Or will us all have to emmigrate to the third world to escape the British Police and be killed by the gun tauting robbers, thieves and bandits that plague all these places south of the Equator?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Saang,
it's a mistake if you convict someone, it's a tragedy when the state sanctions murder, by shoot to kill.
(It will be interesting to see who gets the blame for it when it eventually goes to court. (remember the Police in London who shot the man with the table leg in a plastic bag?))

It turns out that the man was a Brazilian electrician with no connection to the bombings, save that he came out of the wrong door and felt cold in the morning.

As someone said before, if you are chased by strange men waving guns are you going to ask politely who they are?

I believe in staying true to what we believe and using the laws we have to the full.

Bye
Mark
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brasilero
Well, the man was neither a terrorist nor a bomber or even Asian.

He was just an immigrant who could not understand english and living in Stockwell was very much aware of all the banditism around the area.

Now, the plain cloth Police officers who you say are doing a great job, just shouted and executed the poor guy when he had been already completed dominated and with no hope of exploding anything. The guy had no bomb on him.

He wasn´t Asian either. If the police had done any surveyllence at all they should know this.

Now that the British Police is adopting american style shoot to kill policies what will all this mean to us Londoners living in London and travelling on the trains and buses every day?

Are we to become all paranoids like the Americans? Are we to live in fear of our own Police? Or will us all have to emmigrate to the third world to escape the British Police and be killed by the gun tauting robbers, thieves and bandits that plague all these places south of the Equator?
He'd been in the UK for 3 years. He worked as an electrician, a job you couldn't do if you couldn't understand english.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:28 pm
aussie73

He was shot five times in the head after the police already had hold of him , but it looks like his only crime was having dark skin and wearing a large coat on a hot day. Maybe he was running to the train because he as late for work or thought the police were shouting at someone else to stop not him.

Last edited by aussie73; Jul 23rd 2005 at 10:30 pm.

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
He was shot five times in the head after the police already had hold of him , but it looks like his only crime was having dark skin and wearing a large coat on a hot day. Maybe he was running to the train because he as late for work or thought the police were shouting at someone else to stop not him.
Let's get the facts before we start laying blame & jumping to conclusions.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:53 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Let's get the facts before we start laying blame & jumping to conclusions.
Hear, hear! All in all this is just a very very sad story. Another innocent life lost to terrorism. I certainly would not want to be a policeman at the present time - I would not like to make the decision to shot to kill and I would certainly not like to have to live for the rest of my life dealing with the aftermath of that decision.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:27 pm
small steps long journey

Like I said its not a call I would like to make. shoot to kill policies be it now in London or in the 80's in NI (where it was suggested to be in place) or as Badge mentioned in Gibralter are not normal rules to have in place but given certain situations are called in to place by the powers that be. And remember this wasnt a "bobby on the beat" but officers specially trained for these events.

The police were at that address for a reason - fact. They followed the man out of that address. They acted and the man re-acted in a manner that would place doubt in the officers mind. Now given the circumstances and you were faced with a split second discision given recent events it would be a call that would have to be decisive. They dont have a chance to check his english ability or nationality (although thats irrelivent). It has to be rememebered this would never have happened if it wasnt for events of the past 2 weeks so we have the terrorists to thank( think about it)

Like I say I do not condone shoot to kill . However , and I stand by this , if you were a specially trained firearms officer 2 weeks after 7/7 and another wave of strikes happened as was planned on the day previous to the slaying of the innocent man and there were 4 wouldbe bombers running around London would YOU in that position of an unenviable responsibility , with a person coming from an address linked to the bombers acting in a manner that would place even MORE doubt in your mind decide to wait and see what happens when he gets on the tube ?? Take the risk of trying to grab him anmd move him and hope that he or you dont accidently trigger a possible bomb? possibly / maybe

The reason they were head shots was that they could not run the risk of a chest shot which would not be fatal(low caliber bullets were used) but may trigger any wouldbe device. Why so many shots-I think they were excessive but thats for any investigation to look at.

But dont call the police into question - what the hell else could they do. And in the end -yes - an innocent man died but would not have happened if it wasnt for the events of the past 2 weeks. Remember Mi5 said one of the 7/7 bombers posed no threat last year and look what happened

Slate away

Last edited by seang; Jul 23rd 2005 at 11:32 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:49 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

See BBC news story at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:02 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

OMG are you mandy Skeggs from A New Life DownUnder
at the end of the day wether your white black yellow or green if a police officer has a gun pointed at you you wouldnt dare keep running even if you didnt understand what they were saying. dont get me wrong another innocent has died but the police officers involved were looking out for the innocent every day jo public and for that i thank them x x x at the same time i feel so sorry for the family of this poor bloke god bless him and his family x x x
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I'm assessing this based on the limited info we have so far.

This guy walked out of an apartment block which was already under intense police surveillance overnight. They noted he was wearing a thick coat which was very odd for the time of year. He was of Asian appearance (like it or not its a fact that a vast majority of these terrorists are!)
They follow him. When he enters the station they confront him asking him to stop. He then jumps the ticket barrier and runs.
In the current climate, what does an officer think? He has to make a split second decision, especially as he is running towards a tube train.

On the otherhand, this poor guy does not speak English and comes from Brazil. From reading and hearing reports in the past about the conduct of the Brazilian police force many people WOULD run!! Although personally, if i was accosted by anyone brandishing a gun i doubt i would run away knowing i could get a bullet in the back.

All extremely sad. God knows whats going to come from all this.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:31 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
I'm assessing this based on the limited info we have so far.

This guy walked out of an apartment block which was already under intense police surveillance overnight. They noted he was wearing a thick coat which was very odd for the time of year. He was of Asian appearance (like it or not its a fact that a vast majority of these terrorists are!)
They follow him. When he enters the station they confront him asking him to stop. He then jumps the ticket barrier and runs.
In the current climate, what does an officer think? He has to make a split second decision, especially as he is running towards a tube train.

On the otherhand, this poor guy does not speak English and comes from Brazil. From reading and hearing reports in the past about the conduct of the Brazilian police force many people WOULD run!! Although personally, if i was accosted by anyone brandishing a gun i doubt i would run away knowing i could get a bullet in the back.

All extremely sad. God knows whats going to come from all this.

mixed feelings all over ithink! its just a touchy subject for everyone x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.